Guest Services Representative - (Front Desk) $17hr
Company: JB Duke Hotel
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionThe JB Duke Hotel is now seeking a Guest Services
Representative to join our Front Office Team. This is a full time
position, requiring the successful candidate to be flexible and
work varying AM /PM shifts and varying days each week. This role
requires the candidate to work 5 days per week, 8 hours per day &
40 hours per week at varying shift times. Preferred skills needed
are excellent customer service skills, great phone demeanor, some
computer skills, hotel experience preferred but not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Ensure efficient and courteous registration and
guest services while providing the highest level of guest
satisfaction. Also ensure the accuracy of all guest accounts.
- To provide and maintain standards of excellence in quality and
service as established in hotel S.O.P's, Vision, Mission, Core
Values, Service Standards and Promises.
- To handle proper registration and check out procedures for all
guests in accordance with accounting procedures.
- To respond timely to all guest questions and inquiries in a
timely and friendly manner.
- To maximize room revenue and occupancy levels through
suggestive selling and yield management techniques.
- To review daily reservations for special requests, comments or
instructions and handle appropriately.
- To maintain knowledge of current rates, packages and promotions
and administer accordingly.
- To acquire working knowledge of guest rooms, in house
facilities and local information.
- To promote all in-house facilities.
- To comply with all procedures governing the use and handling of
assigned cash banks.
- Post charges to appropriate folios to keep active accounts
current, including processing of adjustments, corrections,
transfers and all credit entries.
- Maintains cash bank and properly records daily cash
transactions to submit balanced deposits to general cashier and
balanced worksheet to night audit.
- To handle all reports and paperwork accurately and in
compliance with all requirements established regarding cash and
check handling, posting transactions credit cards, deposits,
adjustments, corrections, transfers and shift balancing.
- To adhere to key control procedures for all guest rooms.
- To comply with procedures for use of guest safe deposit boxes
and upon request, issue safety deposit boxes to ensure the
safekeeping of valuables.
- To assist the Reception Managers, other guest service agents,
reservations and PBX operators as needed to ensure smooth
- To prepare and process all daily amenity requests if
- To properly process guest mail, messages and packages to ensure
receipt of same by guests.
- To verify housekeeper's report of room status immediately after
receiving to ensure status of vacant, occupied and dirty
- To keep superiors promptly informed of all problems or unusual
matters of significance so prompt action can be taken.
- To communicate effectively with following shift, housekeeping,
PBX, engineering and accounting to ensure smooth operations.
- To attend all meetings related to the Front Office operations
as prescribed by the Front Office Manager.
- To adhere to all fire, safety and security procedures according
to management,company and hotel policy.
- To comply with all hotel policies and standard operating
procedures of the hotel and its management company.
- Be aware at all times of room availability.
- Process check out and room change information between the
registration card, computer and the real guest status.
- Verifies accuracy of guest information between the registration
card, computer and the real guest status (Bucket Check).
- Keeps superiors promptly and fully informed of all problems of
unusual matters of significance coming to his or her attention so
prompt corrective action can be taken if appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Front Office
Management in an efficient manner while projecting a favorable
image to achieve objectives, public recognition and
- Check in house and group masters.
- Read communication log daily and initial and respond
- Remove checked out registration cards daily.
- Pre-block and pre-register all VIP's.
- Support and participate in all hotel policies, procedures and
- Other duties as assigned by the Reception Managers or Manager
On Duty to include handling of Gift Shop purchases and PBX
coverage. To do this kind of work, you must be able to: Must have
pleasant, clear speaking voice and demonstrate professional
communication with guests as well as co-workers. Physical Demands
Lifting 30 pounds maximum with frequent bending, lifting and/or
carrying of objects weighing up to 15 pounds. Requires walking or
standing to a significant degree. Math Skills: Requires
mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Apply fractions,
percentages, ration and proportion. Language Skills: Must have
developed English language skills to the point to be able to: Speak
clearly and effectively over the telephone with ease and a friendly
business-like manner as well as take messages with a high level of
accuracy in spelling and content. Specific Vocational Preparation:
N/A To do this job you must have the following amount of total
education and/or experience: Minimum: High school diploma or
equivalent. Experience working with the public, guest orientation,
good attitude, well-groomed. Prefer hotel front office experience
and cash handling. Related degree preferred. NOTE: This hotel
operates seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day and that
holidays such asChristmas, New Years, Easter, Mother's Day,
Thanksgiving, Fourth of July or any other holidays are normal
working days. Business levels will determine the amount of hours
you work. Understand that you may be asked to work in other
departments in a related position as required. Management retains
the discretion to add and/or change the duties of this position at
Keywords: JB Duke Hotel, Durham , Guest Services Representative - (Front Desk) $17hr, Sales , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!