RTMS Application Sales Leader
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The RTMS Application Sales Leader will be responsible for
developing and driving sales order growth through strategic
accounts in North America. This includes working with the PSS Area
leadership teams to develop annual business goals and to provide
leadership, communication, support, training and collateral to
successfully meet these business goals.
AS A RTMS Application Sales Leader, YOU WILL:
- Provide overall leadership for the L3 MES Finite Scheduling and
De-bottlenecking business in North America using Emerson's RTMS
(Real-Time Modeling System) platform
- Set the direction for strong growth and set stretch
goals/targets which are in line with divisional objectives.
- Support and drive development of sales platform tools for front
line sales, account teams and develop sales champion
- Ensure North America has the required support and messaging to
deliver the full sales cycle from Qualification through to
demonstration and Proposal.
- Support Emerson Life Science Management to set pricing
strategies by preparing and presenting competitor intelligence and
market pricing intelligence.
- Where required, deliver full sales support to sales team
including opportunity qualification with customers, definition of
sales strategy, delivery of SME specific presentations, initiation
and delivery of proposals in collaboration with the proposal team
and close out of the opportunity.
- Opportunity Management
- Achieve assigned account booking goals.
- Understand and communicate the customer's business strategies,
organizational structure, buying behavior, vendor status, active
projects, buying processes, pricing history and spending
- Work within a team environment to develop and proactively
execute specific business plans for accounts and pursuits
- Expedite and escalate key customer complaints and problems as
is required to obtain satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Capture and develop value creation descriptions or QBRs in
conjunction with Sales, Operations, Field Services and Account
- Provide technical direction/support to proposal team
- Perform role of Solution Architect on project pursuits /
proposals to ensure the proposed solution is aligned with customer
needs and the sales strategy
- Lead and host customer project pursuit meetings
- Provide pricing guidance per comparable benchmark data to
maximize profitability within the competitive landscape.
- Demo technical engineering software, most notably finite
scheduling and discrete event simulation
- Forecasting and Reporting
- Maintain accurate booking forecast data in conjunction with all
- Monthly report out of pursuits and actions
- Maintain a summary of current status on key pursuits.
- Work with sales management to ensure bookings happen per the
- Industry Expertise
- Maintain an understanding of account and life science industry
commercial benchmarks and metrics.
- Understanding Emerson technologies and collaborate on how L3
MES can be used in conjunction with these to address customer
- Collaborate & Leverage across the Organization
- Leadership role improving sales volume and market share through
direct actions with all stakeholdersWHO YOU ARE:You build and
deliver solutions that meet customers' expectations. You use
knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play
out in the market to guide actions. You respond effectively to the
reactions and positions of others. You build rapport in an open,
friendly, and accepting way. You deal constructively with problems
that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.Additional
InformationThis position requires -30% travel post-COVID
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience (2 of which are in Life
Science, biopharmaceutical, etc.)
- 2+ years of salesPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience using discrete simulation or processing modeling
- Experience selling enterprise software and solutions and
understand MES / L3 applications, finite scheduling, and discrete
- Understanding of manufacturing debottlenecking and operational
efficiencies, throughput and yield
- Value creation and documentation of business results
- MBA, Life Science, Operations and business experiences
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive
innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more
sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the
marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this
Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from
onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people,
our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on
environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options
to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans,
dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid
parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every
employee is valued and respected for their experiences and
perspectives - and that reflects the world around us. We believe a
diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to
the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the
best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and
our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more
about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work
in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship
will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1,
H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work
authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran
status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any
discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or
using this website to apply for a position, please contact:
Keywords: Emerson, Durham , RTMS Application Sales Leader, Sales , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!