Company: KB Homes
Posted on: January 15, 2022
About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in
the United States and has built over 650,000 quality homes in our
more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets
from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional
personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their
first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home
uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the
leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first
builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR - certified, a
standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new
homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes
than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the
cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable
and better for the environment than new homes without
certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our
customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As
a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked
national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys.
Build your career with KB Home. Learn more.
JOB SUMMARY: A Purchasing Agent conducts the following purchasing
procedures: bid evaluation, negotiation between vendors, contractor
selection, and contract documentation. This position manages all
contracts, work orders, purchase orders and expense controls, with
the ultimate goal of securing the best value at a fair and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for implementing the purchasing process:
* Establish material take-off's and cost estimates
* Evaluate subcontractors
* Request and review all bids
* Conduct effective negotiations to achieve desired results
* Strive for regulation of fair and reasonable contracts
* Make final decision and deliver professional contract awards
* Facilitate documentation of bids
* Ensure contract administration process flows efficiently
* Aggressively streamline the labor and material supply chain with
the construction team
* Seek out and eliminate waste in processes, materials and
* Leverage national contracts and other economies of scale for
New Product Plans
* Manage new plan maintenance and development with KB
* High School Diploma required
* Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred in Business, Accounting,
Communications, or related field.
* 3+ years of progressive experience with material and/or trade
* Prior real estate experience, preferably in the homebuilding
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* General knowledge of residential construction and the components
needed to construct single family and multi-family homes.
* Need to have the skills required to analyze direct cost to
maintain or improve budgets.
* Must be able to multi task and meet deadlines, high level of
* Need to possess strong communication and problem solving skills
with the ability to negotiate contracts that will support the
* Display a cooperative attitude at all times.
* Must have strong mathematical and statistical aptitude.
* Interact with all levels of internal and external customers in a
professional and supportive manner.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong experience in using various computerized systems,
* AS400 System Experience preferred
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best
employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now.
KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings
potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program,
bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an
equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.
Diversity is important to KB Home!
Keywords: KB Homes, Durham , Purchasing Agent, Sales , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!