Sales Associate - Disability & Advanced Planning
Company: Policygenius Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Advanced Planning at Pg...
Our high-performing Disability & Advanced Planning team is focused
on helping our clients navigate the buying process for disability
insurance, life insurance, or estate planning needs -- and making
sure they feel good about it! The Sales Associates and Case
Managers work side-by-side to answer tough questions and offer
advice on finding the best coverage available to protect clients'
income and financial security, all by tailoring financial plans to
fit their needs. This role sits in our broader life insurance
operations department and reports to our Disability Insurance Sales
As a Sales Associate, you would be part of a close-knit team that
learns on-the-go and takes on any challenges that come our way.
In this role, you will...
- Drive a "needs-based" disability & life insurance consultative
sales process to help our clients design the right policy that fits
their unique situation
- Become an expert on our disability & permanent life insurance
products through independent onsite training and cross-team
- Assist in questions relating to Estate Planning products (Wills
- Provide world class customer service
- Coordinate with our brokers and carriers to efficiently
communicate our clients' needs
- Provide and receive actionable feedback that will help drive
efficiency, process, and product improvements
- Adhere to team norms and policies, while meeting quality
standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your
- Functional knowledge of and 2+ years insurance sales experience
in life and disability insurance
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker
- A service mindset and passion to help clients problem solve
tough and unique cases
- The ability to help clients understand the complexity of Life
and Disability insurance products in simple language
- A basic understanding of financial planning (preferred)
- Honesty & integrity - you do not cut corners ethically and can
be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude and desire to be part of a team where you
can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with the ability
to overcome objections and think on your feet
- Self management and the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big,
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We
launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer.
Our mission is to help people get financial protection right - and
feel good about it - and we make it easy for our customers to
understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in
one place. We've helped more than 30 million people shop for all
types of insurance like they shop for everything else - online -
and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we
announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our
total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we're proud of building an environment that
encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work.
Despite rapid growth (we've doubled in size year over year!), we've
continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility,
hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit,
collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to
join our team. Come see why we've been voted one of Inc. Magazine's
"Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is
committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster
innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our
company, and are committed to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages
applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at
Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived
race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief,
religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any
other status protected by law.
Come join the team!
Keywords: Policygenius Inc., Durham , Sales Associate - Disability & Advanced Planning, Sales , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!