Business Impact Testing Analyst
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We are looking for you to join our already skilled team of experts.
We want you to apply your passion for your work and apply it to our
high-performance culture. You can expect to be a trusted member of
a high energy, tight-knit, creative team.
As the Business Impact Testing Lead you will be responsible for
collaboration efforts with the Quality Management Office (QMO) and
business stakeholders. You will ensure the business impact testing
efforts will focus on desired business areas of concern to
determine if objectives will be met and desired outcomes achieved.
Your responsibilities will include making sure all enterprise
business impact testing occurs and results are analyzed and shared.
You are also expected to provided key business findings and impacts
to make key determinations with respect to changes in the
organizations needed as a result of impacts found.
We care deeply about the work we do and the impact it has on our
customers. You can take pride in knowing your work has a positive
effect on the people of North Carolina. If you are ready to make a
career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this
* Provide inputs to Comprehensive Test Strategy (CTS) and other Key
Test Artifacts: Scope, Requirements, Objectives, and Schedule to
ensure alignment with enterprise/business objectives.
* Evaluate incoming requests to produce BIT scope, Impact Analysis,
resource needs, level of effort, etc.
* Participate with impacted stakeholders to obtain requirements and
objectives needed to create test scenarios and test cases
* Translate and review with business the requirements that will
result in test cases and scenarios and obtain all approvals
* Create and oversee a BIT project schedule to support timely,
comprehensive, business impact testing efforts e.g., test
collaterals, reference materials, test environment, seed data,
security access, test lab
* Document, escalate and monitor resolution of test execution
concerns, risks, and defects identified with QMO and Business
* Collect and evaluate test results from testing performed by
Business SMEs against pre-defined expectations/outcomes
* Participate on projects throughout the SDLC to understand the
changes and the impact to testing and the business
* Document Business Insights Report that interprets the Business
Impact Testing Report findings from the lens of key impacted
stakeholders conveying the What does this mean and obtain final
* Document business expectations/outcomes and ensure best practices
regarding the creation of test scenarios and test cases
* Oversee the creation of business impact testing onboarding
* For all defects moving into production, host a formal Transition
Meeting with Business Stakeholders and Business Partners, to
provide knowledge share on business impact assessment, risk
treatment plan (Accept, Avoid, Transfer, Mitigate), Plan of Action
for Stop-Gap, Historical Corrective Plan and Solutions Plan
* Perform impact and predictive/forecast analysis for inclusion in
* Provide status reports to QMO and impacted Stakeholders
* Bachelor s degree and 3 years combined business analysis,
testing, auditing and/or quality assurance experience. To include:
user acceptance testing or business process testing
* In lieu of degree, 5 years combined analysis, testing, auditing
and/or quality assurance experience
* Knowledge of Claims Processing
* Experience leading a project from start to finish
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* Business Process Redesign and Analysis
* Business Analyst Experience creation of business, functional or
* Risk Management
* Incident and Problem Management
* Healthcare Knowledge Full End-to-End Lifecycle
* Project Management - Organizational & Time Management
* Outcomes and Process Oriented Drives action to achieve desired
* Analytical Objective/Factual; Able to forecast trends; Predictive
* Problem Solver Thought Leader; Strategic as well as Tactical
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to facilitate productive, cross-functional meetings with
divergent stakeholder perspectives
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Effective time management and organizational skills.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Business Impact Testing Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!