Help Desk Technician II/III
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: October 20, 2019
- Help Desk Technician II/III Job Location USA-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID 2019-65481 # of Openings 5 Job Function Information
Technology Security Clearance Level None Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Description GDIT is looking for a Help Desk Technician II/III
in Raleigh (NC) to join our team supporting the USPS.
Responsibilities and duties are listed but not limited to
- Ability to develop solutions using PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
to identify and/or remediate problems/issues/requirements related
to Microsoft Workplace Modernization efforts: Windows 10 SAC and
Office 365 ProPlus.
- Collaborates/Interacts with other diverse functional groups to
accomplish stated objectives.
- Researches, evaluates, and develops a wide variety of complex
technology components of a tactical nature.
- Independently installs, tests, and implements complex
component-level changes within the technology infrastructure.
- Operates, maintains, and provides customer support for a wide
variety of complex technology components.
- Establishes operational processes for delivering world-class
- Independently analyzes and develops innovative resolutions for
complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the
component level. Works with vendors to resolve problems and
implements approved solutions independently.
- Performs capacity and performance analyses and develops and
- Develops, plans, and manages project tasks.
- Participates in the preparation of materials and oral
presentations for customers and management. Plays a lead role in
meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
- Develops and recommends innovative solutions to business
problems of moderate complexity, including preparation of
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with vendors.
Understands and influences vendor strategies and product
- Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of current and
emerging technologies within assigned division or platform.
- Provides training to less experienced team members of the IT
- Analyzes and resolves complex hardware and software problems
with distributed systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of distributed hardware and software
- Uses the management systems associated with the aforementioned
- Performs tests and implements hardware and software, adds, and
changes, backup and restoration functions, etc.
- Performs visual checks of all system components, wiring and
- Escalates unusual or unexpected findings as appropriate.
- Provides periodic reports to users and managers of systems
- Provides weekly status reports and maintains project cost
- Maintains Project plans as required and notifies management of
critical failures and missed milestones.
- Uses change and test management procedures as required.
- Provides action plan for resolution of any/all faults
- Performs isolation testing of problem equipment and or
- Provides documentation of all solutions to problems.
- Provides reports with intent to share solutions found.
- Provides and implements escalation process and or
- Develops, implements and follows the appropriate quality
- Develops recommendations and procedures for implementation of
new hardware/software products and applications, suitable for
- Edits computer-based documentation and trouble ticket systems
to document equipment configurations, track changes and problems,
and compiles performance data.
- Performs user assistance, training and information
- Provides on-site system or application support for
deployment/installation as required.
- Maintains professional appearance and attitude in keeping with
the standards on the USPS.
- Interacts with other diverse functional groups to accomplish
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders.
The security clearance for this program requires the selected
candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The
selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90
consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days. Education
HS/GED - As a minimum requirement for the Help Desk Technician
AA/AS - As a minimum requirement for the Help Desk Technician III
Qualifications Acceptance Criteria: Five years of relevant and
progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is
preferred. This individual must have demonstrated skills in tools
and techniques appropriate to the above job duties. A working
knowledge of current computer and communications technologies and
disciplines, including PC operating systems and hardware platforms,
local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and
client-server applications is required.
This position requires the following demonstrated competencies:
- Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and
consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a
Service Center environment.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple
priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- A commitment to quality.
This position requires specialized knowledge and skills in the
architectures, technologies, tools, and techniques related to at
least two of the disciplines outlined below as illustrated by an
in-depth understanding of the underlying hardware and software
architectures, the ability to independently and quickly recognize,
diagnose and resolve complex problems, and ability to evaluate and
integrate emerging technologies:
i.e., server operating systems and hardware platforms Workstation
i.e., client operating systems and hardware platforms Database
i.e., Data architectures, Relational Database Management Systems
(RDBMS) and associated components, such as gateways and replication
services. Systems Management
i.e., remote operations, software distribution, configuration
management Document Management
i.e., image systems, workflow Security
i.e., hardware, software, and data Storage Subsystems
i.e., hardware, software, backup and recovery Messaging
i.e., Email, groupware, Internet Local Area Networks
i.e., network operating systems, LAN protocols, LAN management Data
i.e., wide-area networking protocols, software, equipment,
facilities, network management platforms Voice Communications
i.e., voice equipment, facilities, and services Performance
- i.e., measurement and modeling methods and tools Object-oriented
- i.e., analysis and design methodologies, programming
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has
served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems
engineering, training and professional services to customers across
federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial
sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise
solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission
support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
#GDITLIFE Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job
to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share
on your newsfeed! Need help finding the right job? We can recommend
jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started. Application
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Durham , Help Desk Technician II/III, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!