Maintenance and Reliability Mechanic - Night Shift
Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to moving gene therapies
into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families
devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is
advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening
genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene
therapy candidate, AVXS-101. We are in the midst of an incredible
journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on
this important mission.AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a
clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and
commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare
and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial
product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy
product candidate currently in development for the treatment of
spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause
of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S.
Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan
Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and
Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation
for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101
to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel
treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome
(RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1)
gene.AveXis is seeking a Maintenance and Reliability Mechanic who
will work Night Shift within a 12 hour, 24x7 manufactruing shift
schedule. The Mechanic will be responsible for corrective and
preventative maintenance and support services for the building(s)
and all equipment at the site. Facilities Maintenance & Engineering
are directly responsible for reliable, efficient and sustained
operation of the facility and all equipment. Additionally, this
role supports current project operations and site goal objectives
and ensures compliance with regulatory, corporate, and site
requirements related to their functional area. Responsibilities
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair utility systems which may
include WFI, RODI, Clean Steam, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers,
production vessels, HVAC, Cold/Warm Rooms, control systems,
compressed gases, plant steam/condensate, and waste water treatment
under little to no supervision.
- Interpret P&IDs, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams,
and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and
- Support 24x7 site-based operations after startup.
- Write/revise accurate operational procedures, training
documents and maintenance procedures for various utility
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare
- Provide responsive customer support with emphasis on customer
- Perform startup and commissioning activities as required.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and interact with
other support groups such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Metrology,
Quality Assurance and Validation.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on
manufacturing process related equipment within a cleanroom
- Complete and provide accurate documentation, as required in
- Oversee work and provide training of less experienced
maintenance technicians and/or new technicians. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent and 7-10 years of experience
performing operations and maintenance on utility systems, HVAC
systems and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Licensure in any of the following areas: Electrician,
Refrigeration/Air Conditioning, Plumbing, or Waste Water
- Experience in operating and maintaining mechanical systems in a
cGMP or other regulated environment.
- Experience working in a team environment, with excellent
communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skill utilizing MS Office suite
applications, Building Management Systems, and Computerized
Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs. The level of
this position will be based on the final candidate's
qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Durham , Maintenance and Reliability Mechanic - Night Shift, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!