Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people. Responsibilities:
* Assist in designing roadway projects including coordination with
traffic, bridge design, transportation planning, and
* Participate in the development of the preparation of engineering
reports, plans and specifications for major and minor projects.
* Preparation and review preliminary and final plans and technical
specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make
recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when
modifications are necessary.
* Communicate and interact with project team members, client
representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to
project. Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g.,
conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional
materials, difficult coordination requirements).
* Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
* Ability to learn North Carolina Department of Transportation
systems, policies, and procedures.
* Ability to learn standard operations, policies and procedures of
a firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
* Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering
principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO
* Skill in Microstation V8i, InRoads and/or OpenRoads desired but
* Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and
* Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management
* Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal
relationships. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
without immediate and constant supervision.
* B.S. in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
* 0-2 years of roadway design experience. Prior internship
experience is a plus.
* EIT certification in North Carolina or an ability to obtain EIT
in North Carolina within 6 months of start date is required.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment
agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is
required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH
explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those
candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial
obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such
unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Durham , Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!