Company: RTI International
Posted on: July 14, 2019
RTI International is looking for an Electrician to join the
Facilities team. You will assist with repair, construction,
installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of routine
electrical systems and equipment. In the role you will be
responsible for install, repair or replace breakers, fuses,
switches, light bulbs, transformers, brackets, hangers, conduits
inverters, electrical and electronic components and wires. Your
responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
- Ability to maintain malfunctioning security systems (security
gates, camera & card access)) and components to locate problems and
- Ability to work afterhours during on call pager rotation,
inclement weather, planned electrical shutdowns, and emergency
response to unplanned events.
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner not limited to work
tickets, and preventative maintenance.
- Always communicate project status to customers and provide
feedback on work tickets.
- Assist with disassembling motors, generators, and other
equipment in preparation for repair.
- Assist electrician with installation of electrical systems per
drawings, specifications, schematics and manufacturers
- Adhere to safe work practices when lifting, climbing ladders,
working in high voltage areas (logout/tagout), confined spaces,
- Trained on the use electrical hand tools and
voltage-or-amperage measuring and recording devices.
- Maintain knowledge of local and safety codes and corporate
safety program, manufacturer's specifications.
- Operate service vehicles in performance of regular job & after
hour responsibilities. Practice safe driving habits and adhere to
- Promote compliance of all regulatory standards
- Complete paperwork and close-out work tickets daily.
- Effectively communicate job status of work tickets, project
status in sense of any special material order needs, direct and
indirect safety issues, personal tool request/replacement to your
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years' experience
- Experience in testing and maintaining campus generators
- Hold a current valid driver's license and good driving
- Proficient in the use of trade common electrical hand tools and
simple voltage testing equipment
- Previous maintenance experience
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation after training is
complete is a part of the job requirement
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CPR/First Aid.
- Knowledge of and understanding of potential hazardous
- Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds.
- Ability to work in all adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to stand throughout the day as duties require.
- Ability to work effectively in a service-oriented environment
subject to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions as an
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, on different height
roofs and may need to climb ladders and scaffolds
- Understand electrical systems, read blueprints, and
- Possess the desire to grow and develop their professional
Keywords: RTI International, Durham , Electrician, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!