Sr. Financial Inventory Analyst
Company: Bell and Howell
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Sr. Financial Inventory Analyst
Location: Durham, NC
Reporting to the Manager, Cost/Revenue Accounting, the Sr.
Financial Inventory Analyst is responsible for performing
accounting functions for manufacturing and service functions
related to inventory and production activity in a SAP ERP system
environment. The job responsibilities include managing and
performing period end close system transactions and preparation of
period-end journal entries,
preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and assistance with
external audit requests. This position works closely with
accounting, supply chain and operations to understand issues and
how they impact the financial results. This position will require
understanding SAP transactions that impact cost and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As related to inventory and cost of goods sold, assist in
month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze
inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
* Performed inventory aging including excess and obsolescence
inventory analysis, reserve provision requirements and future
inventory write offs.
* Investigate inventory discrepancies including PPV providing root
cause/corrective action to minimize re-occurrence.
* Prepare balance sheet analytics and ensure completeness and
accuracy of documentation. Reconcile assigned G/L accounts in a
timely manner documenting all discrepancies and corrective
* Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research
and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses and
* Lead process improvement initiatives, resulting in increased
efficiency (e.g. Labor) throughout manufacturing close process,
controls, report generation and inventory management.
* Increase professional and technical knowledge by attending
training classes, participating in professional societies and
reviewing professional publications.
* Assist in special projects as directed by manager
* Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a
cooperative and supportive manner
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of
5 years of cost accounting experience; or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
* Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* SAP Inventory and Cost Management experience
* Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet concepts (i.e. Excel)
* Ability to research, collect and analyze financial data; requires
extensive use of computers and spreadsheet software packages
* Ability to develop and implement improvements to systems and
* Self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision
* Clear and concise verbal and written communications; good
interpersonal/customer relations skills
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
Bell and Howell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy
of Bell and Howell to administer employment based solely on an
individual's qualifications, ability and performance without regard
to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation,
age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status,
orany other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
law. If you are not able to utilize our system, please contact us
at email@example.com or call 919-767-6405.
Keywords: Bell and Howell, Durham , Sr. Financial Inventory Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!