Maintenance Technician - Electrician
Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101. We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.AveXis is seeking a Maintenance Technician (Electrician) who is responsible for performing electrical system operation and maintenance throughout the site. Facilities Maintenance & Engineering are directly responsible for reliable, efficient and sustained operation of the facility and all equipment. Additionally, through daily tasks, Facilities supports current project operations and site goal objectives and ensures compliance with regulatory, corporate, and site requirements. Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain electrical power generation and distribution systems.
- Operate and maintain backup power/emergency power generation systems and Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS).
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment and systems.
- Support operation and maintenance of Building Fire Alarm systems including operating the system, disabling points, and performing troubleshooting activities.
- Interpret and update loop sheets, electrical schematics, P&ID's, I/O wiring, and panel drawings.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Support 24x7 site-based operations after startup.
- Write/revise accurate operational procedures, training documents, and maintenance procedures for various electrical systems.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts.
- Provide responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Perform startup and commissioning activities as required.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and interact with other support groups such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Metrology, Quality Assurance and Validation.
- Complete and provide accurate documentation, as required in cGMP operations. Qualifications
- Associate Degree and 4 years of Electrical Specific Maintenance experience or High school diploma and 6 years of Electrical Specific Maintenance experience
- 8+ years of combined education, training, and experience in industrial electric operations and maintenance and instrumentation/measurement and controls
- State of NC Unlimited Electrical Contracting License
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form
- Theoretical understanding of control, analog and/or digital electronics, microprocessors and/or computers
- Working in a team environment, with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skill utilizing MS Office suite applications, Building Management Systems, and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 50 lbs.The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Durham , Maintenance Technician - Electrician, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!