Research Education Analyst Intern
Company: RTI International
Posted on: February 14, 2019
HR Directions seeks a candidate for it's client, RTI International, for a Research Education Analyst Intern in the Center for Education Survey Design and Analysis (CESDA). The successful applicant will focus on substantive research addressing problems currently facing postsecondary students and their families, and postsecondary institutions. This position may be located in RTP or DC.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Lead project activities in analysis and reporting for studies in postsecondary education, providing substantive inpu
* and direction to project staff, and assisting in the design of data collection instruments
* Perform complex data management and decision making across numerous administrative and survey sources.
* Disseminate results through presentation and publication, prepare reports and papers for peer-reviewed
* publication, and participate in professional meetings and associations
* Work with staff to lead the development of their scientific stature activities in the area of higher education research
* Contribute to and develop proposals for grant applications and/or contracts, and participate in research planning and development, in the area of higher education research
* Current doctoral student in a social science discipline such as education, sociology, or economics with demonstrated expertise in conducting research on topics in higher education
* Relevant work experience involving data manipulation, survey design, and/or data analysis
* Expertise in quantitative methods and data management, and with SAS, Stata, or R
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to synthesize data and communicate findings effectively
* Due to government export regulations, U.S. citizenship is required.
* Ability to lead project teams and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Keywords: RTI International, Durham , Research Education Analyst Intern, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!