Construction Services Manager
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 17, 2018
- Inspect the work of contractors to determine compliance with contract plans and specifications. Plan, organize, and direct the activities associated with the construction inspection of structures, facilities and systems.
- Review and analyze project schedules. Maintain and update project schedules to monitor construction progress.
- Prepare project status and monthly status reports.
- Prepare and manage project/task budgets.
- Business development.
- Marketing firm's capabilities to owners and consultant clients
- Building teams for project pursuits.
- Prepare proposals with support from marketing staff and make project presentations for selections as needed
- Provide administration of contract and contract requirements including.
- Develop and manage project and contract budgets.
- Prepare, monitor and manage construction budgets.
- Direct management and supervision of all Project Field Managers, Construction Managers, Office Engineers and Inspectors.
- Supervise the work of junior project engineers and staff engineers.
- Participate in interviewing of junior project engineers.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering staff.
- Recruiting and mentoring of staff
Expanding engineering firm in diversified markets with a focus on transportation planning & traffic engineering, design, construction management, water resources, environmental services, water & wastewater, emergency management and surveying services. Serving our clients, valuing and supporting our employees, and actively participating in our communities, are key to the continual development and growth of firm as a company. These four areas – Clients, Employees, Community and Company - serve as the 4 Pillars identified in our Company vision. We are passionate about the work we do and making our communities a better place. Our success depends on hiring, developing and retaining the best candidates with right skill sets.
Looking for a Construction Services Manager for Newport News office. In this position, you will be responsible for multiple functions including oversight of construction inspection, business development, contract administration, and recruiting/ mentoring of inspection staff. Key activities and responsibilities include:Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience managing construction projects including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Degree in engineering or construction management.
- Professional Engineer Preferred
- NICET Transportation or EIT certification and registration will be considered
- Existing relationships within NCDOT Divisions and Construction Unit
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of highway and bridge construction.
- Knowledge and understanding of project controls, including CPM scheduling, cost estimating, constructability reviews, contract administration and claims analysis.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Durham , Construction Services Manager, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!