Posted on: November 19, 2023
Labcorp is recruiting a Senior Programmer Analyst for a dynamic
team in either Burlington or Durham, NC.Job Description: Sr. IT
Tech SpecialistProvide technical solutions and requirements to
support current software plus new projects to the Labcorp
Laboratory System. This includes developing interfaces with
internal Labcorp niche systems, acquisitions, external hospital
Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and external Referral
Laboratories. Ensures compliance according to regulatory statues,
policies, and procedures of corporate data passage. The ideal
candidate will be highly motivated and process oriented. A wide
degree of creativity and latitude is required.Essential Duties and
- Create and maintain Unisys Laboratory Information System
software using COBOL, DMS, MQ 2200
- Analyze, design, code, test, and document online transaction
programs as well as batch programs and run streams in support of
the laboratory system.
- Review/verify requirements and ensure project deliverables
comply with the requirements
- Interact with laboratory personnel to identify defects and
associated requirements for new requests.
- Provides technical support to team members and participates in
all related project discussions
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources,
reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details,
abstract up from low-level information to a general
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and
internal customers to analyze information needs and deliver
programming requirements as necessary
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Until fully trained, needs to work 8 am to 5 pm (ET) or 9 am to
6 pm (ET) a minimum of four out of five days per week.
- Participate in the afterhours and weekend on-call
rotation.Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree or 10 plus years of equivalent
- Supervisory skills a plus. May lead and train others.
- Minimum 5 years of COBOL programming language experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Unisys 1100/2200 series
- Minimum 5 years experience with DMS and SSG.
- Ability to go onsite to work with laboratory technologists in
defining requirements and solutions.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to translate abstract
information into a consumable format.
- The ideal candidate must have strong detail orientation, with
proven analytical and organizational skills, coupled with the
ability to communicate, both written and oral, effectively with all
levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with
- Need to possess good teamwork skills and professional work
ethic and show the ability to build relationships with both
internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of JAVA, Open Shift Mybatis, Oracle SODA, RESTful
services, and Angular is a plus.
- Medical laboratory or other healthcare experience a
plus.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an
EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the
workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any
kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.For more information about how we collect
and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Associated topics: c/c++, develop, expert, lead, matlab, maven,
project architect, senior software developer, senior software
engineer, software engineer lead
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , Sr Programmer/Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!