IAS GL Analyst
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Labcorp is a leader in global sciences with a mission to improve
health and improve lives. This mission statement encompasses all
people of the world. The opportunity to work for an organization of
this magnitude is exciting, as there are opportunities for
continual growth and expansion in numerous areas, including
Integrating Accounting Services (IAS). The IAS provides Accounting
Services across the wide breadth of this multi-national innovative
organization, and provides results to all levels of management and
drives process improvements. The IAS GL Analyst will be an integral
part of the gathering and recording of key financial information,
and reconciling accounts for various segments.RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Accountant will perform accounting activities in the areas
of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, audit,
and other related functions across multiple Business Units in the
Integrated Accounting Services team.
- Performs regular general ledger responsibilities including, but
not limited to, journal entries, review of expenses, accruals,
- Completes month-end closing activities as assigned.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules,
account reconciliations, and other financial schedules or analyses
- Analyzes actual performance data; and assists with
interpretation of variances from the historical trends.
- Assists with the regular review of account reconciliations and
resolution of outstanding items.
- Assists in the preparation of annual tax schedules as required
- Assists with SOX testing as assigned. Coordinates fixed asset
physical inventory with the business units.
- Build strong working relationships with Business Unit
- Collaborate with Business Unit and Corporate Controllership
teams and ensure appropriate communication with these stakeholders
when questions regarding accounting/reporting matters arise. Assist
in the preparation of meetings with these stakeholders on key
accounting and reporting topics.
- Ensure General Accounting policies, processes and operating
procedures are clearly defined, up to date and documented.
- Ensure General Accounting process designs are consistent with
best practices and aligned with Corporate policies, initiating
process improvement initiatives where appropriate. Create tools,
processes, reports and metrics to drive and monitor these
improvements. Focused efforts will be placed on automation and
- Resolve General Accounting related issues and disputes or
escalate as required. Performs other related duties as
- 2+ years of business experience within Accounting with
- Professional certification (CPA) and advanced Accounting degree
- Adhere to a pro-active approach, with the ability to problem
solve, and interact professionally with internal and external
clients in order to meet everyone s needs in an effective and
- Demonstrate ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Proficient in Excel and Word (intermediate level)
- Previous experience with ERP system (PeopleSoft preferred)
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a global team
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP principles and
internal control environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with large amounts of dataPay Range: $45,594
- $87,800Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate s
skills and prior relevant experience, applicable
degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data.
Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours
per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off
(PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus
where applicable. For more detailed information, please click here.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA
employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the
workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any
kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.For more information about how we collect
and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Associated topics: analyst, bi, business finance, business
intelligence, financial analyst, inspect, investment banking,
market, refinement, valuation analyst
Keywords: Labcorp, Durham , IAS GL Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!