Maintenance Technician II - 1st Shift
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician with the skills and
knowledge to effectively troubleshoot and repair varied equipment
and systems. Strong root cause analysis skills required to
eliminate recurring failures.
- Plans, initiates and completes job assignments in a prompt and
- Operates a broad array of shop equipment (mills, lathes, saws,
- Participates in project management including line layout
derivation/review, installation and start-up.
- Interfaces effectively with outside vendors to place supply or
- Keeps assigned work areas safe, clean and orderly.
- Completes job assignments in a prompt and timely manner.
- Complies with company policy regarding GMP and all safety
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a broad range of
filling and assembly equipment with varied systems including
filling and assembly equipment, conveyors, pumps, carton and box
- Able to effectively troubleshoot electrical, controls,
hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, and other mechanical systems.
- Respond to machinery and equipment emergencies
- Visually inspect and perform tests, diagnosis and maintenance
work on machinery and equipment
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Perform mechanical and electrical PMs during operation or
during periods of scheduled downtime
- Accurate completion of maintenance records
- Direct equipment operations when performing preventative
maintenance, troubleshooting, repair
and/or set up of equipment as necessary to complete assignments
- Report all problems that prevent completion of assigned tasks
to your supervisor
- Work within a team structure with minimal supervision
- Modify equipment as assigned to support a continuous
- Provide guidance and maintenance instructions as needed
- Continuously look for and recommend equipment and system
- Work in various areas of the plant is required.
- Train as needed
- Root cause analysis skills required to eliminate recurring
- Associates Degree or 2 year technical degree from an accredited
institution in Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance Technology,
Electrical Maintenance, or some other related and equivalent field
AND 3-5 years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing
- OR the following education and experience requirements may
substitute for above: High School Diploma/GED AND 10 years of
mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience in an
industrial or manufacturing environment and meets skills
- Good working knowledge of filling and assembly equipment and
- Ability to operate power shop tools in addition to common hand
tools safely and effectively
- Experience working with a wide range of industrial equipment
and with hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, welding,
pipe-fitting, power transmission systems, etc
- Experience doing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting,
repair and/or set up of equipment required
- Demonstrated computer (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internet
research skills are required
- Ability to follow and issue verbal and written
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and
changing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with other
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Reliability and willingness to work 40 hours a week to meet
- Flexibility to change shifts as required to provide proper
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings, hardware logic
diagrams, PLC Control programs and motor control programs.
- Ability to read calipers, tape measures and angle gauges
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Must pass assessment test(s)
- Continued growth and development to match new technologies
- Must be able to provide hand tools as required.
- Able to stand and/or walk 90% (sitting 10%) of an 8-hr day
which includes climbing a ladder or steps.
- Must meet the vision and hearing requirements.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs and manipulate up to 500
FT Shift: 2:45 pm - 11:15 pm Associated topics: automotive,
breakdown, equipment, field service, machine maintenance, machine
repair, malfunction, repair, troubleshoot, upgrade
Keywords: Revlon, Durham , Maintenance Technician II - 1st Shift, Professions , Kittrell, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!