Data Analytics Analyst
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Description:The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated NextGen Analytics, Data Analytics
Analyst to join a team hardworking associate who are a part of the
NextGen Analytics Squads. You will be responsible for discovering,
designing, and delivering reporting and analysis solutions for
partners. This team is the go-to analytic consultants for the
Brokerage Ops Workstation platform and Operations Service Group
(OSG). This role will understand business needs, scope data
requests, create insights, and recommending solutions to key
business partners and collaborate with other colleagues. This role
includes the support of data analysis and dashboard development for
technology work streams.The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, computer science or
- Experience in consulting or corporate work experience focused
on using data to uncover insights that drive action and
communicating analyses to technical and non-technical
- At least 3 Years user of data analytics visualization tools,
including Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, and SAP Business
- Experience in data analysis role with experience in working
with large complex data sets
- Experience writing translating business requirements to complex
- Solid understanding of data lineage. Ability to breakdown and
detail the flow of data from origination to consumption
- Experience with data linage tools a plus (alation, meta
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics
and knowledge of statistical significance), quantitative research,
and experience gathering and interpreting data
- Experience with cloud native data warehousing and data lake
solutions using Snowflake is a plus.
- Strong level SQL experience, used to design new platforms on
cloud technologies/architecture including Snowflake, AWS, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools and techniques to perform
analysis and interpret data some examples are: SQL, SAS, R, Python,
etc. a plus
- You have an analytic and innovative mind
- You have exceptional listening and communication skills
- Being self-starter who enjoys taking the lead on project level
deliverables, including but not limited to determining approach,
tools, and output required
- Experience carrying out projects in an Agile environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven
ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, storytelling skills and will thrive managing
- Experience being data-driven approach to decision making.
- Go-getter, self-sufficient, and willing to exhaust all research
avenues before seeking help or discontinuing the search for
- Perform autonomously on tasks but are willing and able to share
knowledge with coworkers and partners.
- Accepts uncertainty and can combine various sources of
information including personal data experimentation, research, and
dialogues to formulate answers.
- Values pace over perfection and can show incremental progress
of analysis and research through tangible artifacts.
- Capable of balancing multiple contending priorities.
- Familiar with the financial industry and/or have a strong
desire to learn our brokerage business to maximize the value of our
- Exercise extreme ownership over all your tasks and take
accountability for your team s results
The base salary range for this position is $64,000-$121,000 per
year. \u00A0Placement in the range will vary based on job
responsibilities and scope, geographic location, candidate s
relevant experience, and other factors.
Base salary is only part of the total compensation package.
Depending on the position and eligibility requirements, the offer
package may also include bonus or other variable compensation.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet your evolving needs and
help you live your best life at work and at home. \u00A0These
benefits include comprehensive health care coverage and emotional
well-being support, market-leading retirement, generous paid time
off and parental leave, charitable giving employee match program,
and educational assistance including student loan repayment,
tuition reimbursement, and learning resources to develop your
career. \u00A0Note, the application window closes when the position
is filled or unposted.Certifications:
Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company
with a mission -to strengthen the financial well-being of our
clients. -We help people invest and plan for their future. We
assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering
benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and
independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to
help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a -, we have been recognized by our employees as a
Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background
to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for
learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At
Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way
that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and
offsite through what we re calling \u201C\u201D. Most associates
will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a
Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days,
every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.We
invite you to -Find Your Fidelity -at -.Fidelity Investments is an
equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way
to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an
enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will
reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need
adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to -, or by calling
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.At Fidelity, we value honesty,
integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a
heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to
go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process.
Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go
through a background investigation and may be asked to provide
additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes
but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory
review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent).
These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history,
depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law,
Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will
review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana),
cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Durham , Data Analytics Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!