Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
Company: ABB Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Production Supervisor - 1st ShiftTake your next career step at
ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of
society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable
future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and
inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities,
ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey
where each and every one of us, individually and collectively,
welcomes and celebrates individual differences.This position
involves heading a team in the MV (Medium Voltage) primary AIS ANSI
in Electrification Distribution Solutions (ELDS), ensuring
continuous and efficient production operations in line with plans,
procedures and quality and safety standards and policies.You will
be responsible lead a team within a production unit or line in the
execution of production processes to transform parts and raw
materials into ABB products in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with
volumes, schedules, procedures, drawings and quality and safety
standards and policies.This position reports toProduction
- Resource allocation: Organizes and allocates resources to meet
line production targets effectively and efficiently.
- Respond to resource issues as necessary.
- Lead capacity planning and resource optimization for the
assigned unit or line.
- Production scheduling and plan: Ensure that production
scheduling and production plan meets the volume requirements agreed
in the demand plan and defined inventory service levels.
- Equipment and facilities: Identify and recommend technical
equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Production execution: Ensure execution of volume, conforming
product, and on time delivery targets for the assigned production
- Operations improvement: Identify deficiencies in production
area, proposes improvement activities and oversees implementation
of actions to improve production performance
- Critical line issues: Manage the resolution of critical product
or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- People leadership and development: Ensure (with HR Manager
support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized,
staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates
within HR (Human Resource) policies.Your background
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college or
equivalent work experience and minimum of 3 years of experience in
leading in a manufacturing or product development environment or
equivalent leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn
production operations and machinery.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to
complete reports and logs.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or a proven track record in leading
continuous improvements projects.
- Project management skills to lead small Kaizen projects.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.Benefits
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare planMore about usABB's Distribution Solutions
Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with
safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of
electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its
core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation
products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices,
switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services.We
look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover
more about ABB, take another look at our website .Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status.
For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant,
please visit the following websites: As an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request
to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility
between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through
Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.Protected
veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your
disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an
ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and
applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, Durham , Production Supervisor - 1st Shift, Professions , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!