Technical Support Analyst
Posted on: January 27, 2023
BCforward is seeking an experienced Tier 1 Support Analyst for
our Pharmaceutical client in Durham, North Carolina.
The Tier I Support Analyst is accountable for delivering technical
expertise in alignment with local systems and processes for a local
manufacturing IT support function with primary focus on
Manufacturing Execution Systems. The Support Analyst coordinates
the incident and problem management process, starting with
customer-facing communication and service responsiveness, to root
cause analysis and issue resolution on an as-needed basis, in
addition to performing security administration tasks for local
systems, as well as supporting project delivery with additional
assignments such as testing and/or documentation creation or
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and understand with capability to execute activities as
designed and documented in support standard operating procedures
with appropriate level of detail and critical thinking applied to
task(s), including examples such as un-locking workflows, resolving
printer setup issues, etc.
- Execute basic system configuration changes (changes to pick
lists, local master data, etc.) including before and after screen
shot of change and 2nd person verification of change.
- Support interface monitoring messages and errors, working with
technical experts to resolve and re-send appropriate
messages/information as needed.
- Provide Help Desk support for user access and system/security
access management processes, maintenance, and risk-management for
day-to-day support activities as well as other scheduled security
processes, such as the Access Roster Review cycle completed several
times annually. This function includes working with end users to
establish appropriate role levels and training requirements,
administering security forms, verifying training, and initiating
and/or provisioning the account administration processes
- Monitor queue, pagers, cell phones to manage the incident and
problem management processes.
- Create tickets in the incident/problem management system(s)
when reported by the client (but not auto-generated) for resolution
and metrics tracking purposes.
- Diligently document activities and update tickets pertaining to
issue resolution status, activities and tasks completed in support
of resolution, and communication to end user or customer to ensure
the ticket accurately reflects these details.
- Provide support for on-going enhancement of service delivery
capabilities, including creation and maintenance of Knowledge Base
articles/documents, Distribution lists, SharePoint sites, metrics
logging, training completion, etc.
- Expert: Windows, MS Office, Terminal Services Manager, Remote
Desktop Protocol (RDP), unc (Uniform Naming Convention), command
line, printer installation and set-up (software only), Print
drivers, and Print permissions.
- Advanced: Security and Networking technologies, VNC, IP,
Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe.
- Intermediate: VMware, PDF, Batch scripting, Process Lasso,
WINsco, Remedy, Group Policy, Citrix XenApp 6.5, 4.5 and associated
- Novice: SQL.
- Preferred: XML, Oracle
Prior experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Pharma)
with understanding of criticality of aligning to Good Manufacturing
Practices in support of the organization and its assets (Desired).
Demonstrated experience executing tasks against work instructions
and SOPs (Required). IT Ticketing system experience, preferably
- Standard 40 hour work week in alignment with assigned shift
with willingness and availability to participate in 24 hour on-call
support (remote) on weekends. During M-F, the shift schedule may
range from 6AM - 3PM or Noon-8PM. Additionally, the On-call
Schedule is developed on quarterly basis in a rotation with other
team members. Back-up support may be required for the Night shift
on an as-needed basis.
- Keen attention to instructions and details within procedural
documentation and execution pathways.
- Ability to manage workload and priorities, including assessing
incoming items and re-prioritizing tasks as needed
- Organized individual with strong note taking and documentation
- Proactive communicator, capable of leading discussion and
driving follow-up with customers, other third parties,
international team members and end users as needed.
- Quick learner with capability to pick up new technologies
- Independent individual who works well autonomously and also in
collaboration within a group setting.
- Team-player with effective self-management and problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by
establishing relationships, and being an effective team member or
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a regulated environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- MS and Windows OS certifications
- Cisco, Oracle, Citrix, VMware, SQL Certifications (nice to
Keywords: BCforward, Durham , Technical Support Analyst, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!