Company: Smart Wires Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Do you want to make a positive impact? Are you interested in
helping us achieve our vision of a highly efficient grid that
powers a cleaner planet? Do you want to work in a collaborative
environment surrounded by colleagues who are creative, focused and
mission-driven? If so, read on to see if this might be the job you
have been dreaming about.We are in the energy transition business.
At Smart Wires, we reimagine the grid with innovative technology
and analytics that provide a digital, controllable and optimized
power system. This will enable renewable energy adoption and
consumer electrification at the pace and scale required for a net
zero world.With commitment to accelerating the energy transition,
we are determined to achieve our mission to advance the delivery of
affordable, clean electricity around the world. Come join our
team!Smart Wires is currently looking for a Testing Technician
based in Durham, NC to support our Quality and Testing team.The
PositionThe Testing Technician position will support the process of
ensuring our products meet the highest level of quality,
reliability and industry requirements. This is a full-time position
based in Durham, NC.The successful candidate will assist this team
with assembly and testing of engineering, prototype sub-assemblies
and final assemblies. Candidate will also provide technical support
for engineers and consultants working on existing and new product
development. The candidate is expected to perform at a superior
level of attention to workmanship quality and accuracy.The Testing
Technician reports to the Senior Manager of Testing.Primary
- Use drawings, blueprints or work instructions to assemble
- Utilize appropriate hand and power tools to assemble all sub-
and final assemblies.
- Perform point-to-point wiring of sub-assemblies using wiring
charts or work instructions.
- Testing of electrical-mechanical devices with automated and
manual test equipment.
- Identify and communicate present and future parts / tools
shortages to Team Lead / Supervisor.
- Keep assigned work station clean and organized and improve
- Any other duties deemed necessary.Required Skills and
- 1-2 Years of Experience as a Production Assembly Technician,
Electrician, HVAC Technician, Mechanic or Repair Technician.
- Basic electrical-mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, assembly
drawings and bills of material.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to work independently and with others in order to
maintain a team environment.
- Ability to learn and work efficiently to meet necessary due
dates and deadlines.
- Familiarity with ESD precautions and procedures.
- Familiarity with use of PPE and safety in the workplace.
- Must be able to occasionally climb, kneel and lift, push and/or
move up to 50 pounds.Desired Skills and Experience
- Valid electrician's license or apprenticeship.
- Working knowledge of wiring PLC's and control cabinets.Location
- Durham, NCSafety RequirementsSmart Wires team members are
expected to comply with all safety requirements and regulations
when working at Smart Wires facilities and visiting customer sites.
This includes adherence to the company's COVID-19 policy as well as
State and local regulations. Smart Wires' current COVID-19 policy
strongly encourages, but does not require, all Smart Wires team
members to be vaccinated and boosted. Additional safety precautions
may include the use of PPE gear as needed per site
requirements.Smart Wires regularly reviews and updates its COVID
and safety policies to ensure that they remain appropriate in this
evolving environment. We reserve the right to update our COVID and
safety policies at any time and without notice.The CompanySmart
Wires is a global power technology company advancing the delivery
of affordable, clean electricity worldwide. With our innovative
technology and advanced analytics, we maximize the grid's capacity.
This means more renewables, at a lower cost and with less
disruption to communities and the environment. Smart Wires is
headquartered in Durham, NC, with European headquarters in Dublin,
Ireland, and has a global workforce of 200 professionals spread
across four continents. Our team collaborates with our customers to
achieve their strategic objectives and help them face an uncertain
energy future with flexible, high-impact solutions.The CultureOur
values guide all aspects of our business, from making strategic
decisions to providing our customers with valuable solutions and
superior service. We emphasize humility, transparency and focus and
empower team members with the tools they need to be successful in
their role and achieve the professional development they seek.
- Humility - We're genuine people, we're proud of what we do and
we care about how we do it. Having humility allows us to listen,
learn and improve. We seek diverse perspectives and value
collaboration. Above all, we are team players, supporting and
trusting each other.
- Transparency - Being authentic, candid, and open - with each
other and with our suppliers, partners, and customers - is
essential to long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. Acting
with integrity and maintaining honest communication ensures that we
are accountable, always improving, and deliver safe, high-quality
- Focus - We are laser-focused on creating a meaningful, positive
impact and real change for our customers, our industry, and the
planet. This requires prioritization and essentialism to ensure we
efficiently and effectively meet our commitments.BenefitsAt Smart
Wires, we strive to foster an inclusive and supportive environment
that focuses on our employee's total wellbeing, and our benefits
offerings reflect that commitment to our people. We offer---
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, designed to
fit you and your family's needs. Covering at least 85% of the cost
of medical premiums for employee's and their dependents and 100% of
the cost of dental and vision for employee's and their
- HSA and FSA options
- 401(k) Retirement plan - with a dollar for dollar match up to
5%, that immediately vests
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Yes, we encourage a minimum
- Paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to your community
- Access to a Total Wellness App
- Company-wide wellness breaks to recharge- 3x per year
- Eighteen weeks of paid parental leave to support you and your
- Flexible workspace policy/ Hybrid workplaceBenefits/perks may
vary depending on the nature of your employment and the country
where you work.**Smart Wires is committed to diversity in our
organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment
for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. Smart Wires complies with
applicable federal, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination and we especially encourage members of
traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including
women, people of any skin color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people
Keywords: Smart Wires Inc., Durham , Testing Technician, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!