Company: Brame Specialty Company Inc
Posted on: August 8, 2022
In this role, you will be responsible for loading and unloading the
truck, installing furniture according to your directions, and
assembling items on-site. You will also help prep the job site and
clean up after complete installation. All applicants must have the
physical ability to load and unload furniture items from the
delivery truck. While it is not required, previous carpentry work
or experience using hand and power tools is a plus.$16.00-$18.00
per hourINSTALLER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following reflects management's definition of essential
functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. Management may give or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job due to reasonable accommodation or
- Load and unload the truck.
- Install furniture according to blueprints or job tickets.
- Mount cabinets and bookshelves.
- Prep and clean up the job site.
- Assemble furniture as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- Travel to installation sites and stay overnight when required,
especially during the busy summer season.
- Takes control and responsibility of the project once on
- Thoroughly and accurately oversees installed furniture,
ensuring it is in excellent condition and the work area is cleaned
and cleared of debris before departure from the installation
- Assembles and installs school and office furniture in schools
and/or businesses per established standards and procedures;
maintains safety and professionalism.
- Assembles, modifies, reworks, and/or reassembles products
utilizing drawings, plan instructions, and/or verbal
- Prepares and utilizes essential hand tools and machines,
including but not limited to power screwdriver, ruler, drills,
hammer, pliers, cutting tools, etc.
- Reviews and plans needed tools, transporting equipment, and
additional labor for projects in remote locations.
- Drives 26-foot box truck to specified locations containing
pre-assembled and un-assembled products.
- Moves, loads, and unloads assembled and unassembled furniture
as necessary per safety regulations using equipment provided.
- Provides a thorough explanation of the assembly and
installation components to the customer; promptly responds to all
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork, including but not
limited to work orders, service orders, time logs, and emergency
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure all
necessary tools and equipment are on-site and returned to the
warehouse at project completion.
- Maintains control of all assigned company property and ensures
that equipment is maintained in safe operating conditions.
- Safely operates assigned company vehicle and ensures that it is
maintained according to the company's specifications.
- Pull and pack school, office, and craft products in a warehouse
- Exhibits appearance and conduct per established company
standards to present a professional image to customers and the
general public; maintains the highest degree of decency, honesty,
and integrity as a guest in a customer's location and/or
- When on-site, ensures availability by telephone at all times
for service and product updates
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience provides
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities in furniture
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Familiarity with essential hand tools.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Mechanical skills.
- Clean driver's license and experience driving commercial
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers
- Ability to read and comprehend diagrams and installation
- Familiarity with pick tickets
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Ability to understand any safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.INSTALLER
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
- May lift to 130 pounds at times with appropriate help.
- Walk, bend, and climb stairs.
- Climb on and into forklifts
- Stand for long periods.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.INSTALLER COMPENSATION:
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Insurance
- 401(k) + Employer match
- PTO/Vacation days
- Holiday Pay
- Employee discounts PI186125931
Keywords: Brame Specialty Company Inc, Durham , Installer, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!