IT Analyst-Level III-Team Lead-Full Time-DHTS-Durham
Company: Duke University Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division
of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and
management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2021 Most Wired health system, Duke is nationally recognized for
IT and information management as the first healthcare system to
achieve the Davies Award - highest honor by the Healthcare
Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) - for inpatient,
ambulatory, and analytics health information technology
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle
and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers
across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative
technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's
A DHTS IT Analyst III/Team Lead must have all the competencies
necessary for supporting management, day-to-day technical
oversight, staff oversight and both resource and workflow
The DHTS IT Analyst III/Team Lead responsibilities include but are
not limited to providing direction and recommendations for
technical support to achieve desired program outcomes. Specialized
duties may include, but is not limited to, the following functional
areas: logistics, maintenance, supply, financial management,
security management, information management, and personal
management. Independently applies technical expertise primarily to
all Monitoring and DNS technologies but with the inclusion of
various project/program initiatives. Investigates, analyzes, plans,
designs, develops, implements, or evaluates solutions for
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Level 3 Advanced (DHTS IT Analyst III/Team Lead):
- This lead serves as an IT technical resource on the Enterprise
- Partner with management in development of Employee Job Results
(EJR s) and participate in the mid- and end-of-year performance
- Proactively apprise management of emerging technical issues
that may require attention.
- Keep abreast of IT industry trends and best practices.
- Serve as a critical resource in incident resolution.
- Serve in a leadership role responsible for supporting
management in day-to-day personnel oversight, resource and workflow
- Function as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects
of the profession.
- Provide resources to help plan, design, implement, and
integrate advanced enterprise infrastructure systems and technology
- Work collaboratively with customer management, staff, vendors,
and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of industry advances in
multiple technical areas of expertise and applying this knowledge
- Monitor and adjust technology systems and tools to meet the
business and organization needs.
- Maintain industry relationships to ensure utilization of
current principles, techniques and policies.
- Maintain documentation and validation processes to ensure
adherence to institutional, state, and federal policies and
- Level 3 Analyst will provide technical support as needed and
may be called upon 24 x 7 x 365.
- Develop deployment or development plans.
- Participate in technical review boards.
- Be the primary liaison between the customer, hardware, and
application teams to provide world-class monitoring service
delivery to customers and the application teams.
- Project champion for policy/practice changes affecting
technical population (e.g., changes in systems, networking,
clinical applications, etc.).
- Provide leadership in design review engagements for reviewing
solution designs and documentation.
- Mentor technical staff to enhance/expand technical skills and
- Create and maintain internal operating policies, processes and
procedures consistent with IT best practices and service level
agreements to ensure service availability.
- Assist management to motivate and focus staff on mission,
visions, goals and balance scorecard by providing "peer" level
- Develop and implement best practices such as incident and
problem management, change control procedures, site documentation,
and cross training.
- Establish and report on the appropriate IT service metrics.
Help develop and maintain service and operating level agreements,
metrics, and reporting for quality and performance.
- Participate in the development of operating and capital
expenditure forecasting for the purpose of assisting management to
create budget plans.
- Assist management in interview process.
- Assist in on-boarding new staff, ensuring they are trained on
all technical aspects of the job.
Advanced (Team Lead) -
Experience: 3 years of operational experience in the following
areas is preferred:
- Project leadership with direct accountability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of SNMP
- Experience configuration and troubleshooting of Splunk
- Experience with container-based and orchestrated deployments
- Experience automating tasks using Ansible, Python, and
- Understand network topologies, firewall rules, certificate
management, load balancing
- Experience building and supporting core cloud infrastructure
(multi-cloud experience preferred), such as containers, virtual
machines, databases, networking, security monitoring and
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
- Current certification(s) for Microsoft Azure with an
understanding of both AWS & GCP
- Bachelor s degree in a related field, or four years of
equivalent experience required.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, performed by a
diverse group of professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop
and enhance relationships with customers and internal groups.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and organizational abilities
in managing a technical team.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills to interact with
team members, customers, management, and support personnel
(technical and non-technical).
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills while meeting
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and switch between tasks
quickly during high stress situations.
- Broad interest in and knowledge of disparate but related
information technology disciplines.
- Ability to consult and lead knowledgeable technical staff.
- Broad skills and experience across multiple technologies and
strong project management background
- Capable of understanding business requirements and recommending
technology strategies based on Duke standards and practice.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University
and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob
functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities.
Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable
accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Keywords: Duke University Health System, Durham , IT Analyst-Level III-Team Lead-Full Time-DHTS-Durham, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!