Sr. Cost Accountant (Maintenance and Service)
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Cost Accountant (Maintenance and Service)
Develops, implements and/or maintains one or a combination of cost
accounting systems. Prepares journal entries; maintains and
reconciles ledger accounts. Collects data, allocates costs and
prepares reports on labor, equipment, depreciation, assembly or
other operating expenses, ensuring that established procedures are
followed. Prepares financial statements and variance reports as
requested. May do analysis and prepare special reports. May
interpret reports and records for managers.
The Sr. Cost Accountant is an integral part of the Cost Accounting
team, reporting directly to the Cost Accounting Manager. The Sr.
Cost Accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of
cost, margin analysis, forecasts, budgets and tracing costs back to
underlying activities. The position has a strong focus on inventory
management and manufacturing accounting. The role will provide
accurate financial and statistical data for management to make
timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of
The Sr. Cost Accountant should possess in depth analytical skills,
proven time management, ability to meet deadlines, review processes
from end to end and make recommendations for efficiencies.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of
business activity such as raw materials, labor, inventory, shipping
and warranty. Analyzing data collected and recording results.
Recording cost information for use in controlling
- Analyze actuals versus budget/forecast and distribute monthly
reports. Create monthly, quarterly & yearly budgets and forecasts.
Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors
affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System . Assisting in month end
close of the general ledger.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories. Conducts physical
inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in General Accounting or Finance or
- 5+ years of Accounting or Finance experience.
- General understanding of accounting concepts and
- Strong cost systems background and excellent analytical skills;
sound understanding of accounting principles. Organizational and
time management skills to prioritize heavy individual workload to
meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly,
quarterly, and annual reports
- Proficient in MS Excel required, MS Word & PowerPoint
experiences a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel
on development and analysis of cost standards
- Handle stressful situations with ease. Able to meet
- Maintenance/Service Industry experience
- Experience with Managing Inventory
- Experience with Managing Subledgers
- Experience with Oracle
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our
people are an integral part to the success of our customers.
Furthermore, we're committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create
Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural
Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We're passionate about our
customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible
company as we help create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Durham , Sr. Cost Accountant (Maintenance and Service), Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!