Posted on: January 16, 2022
Production OperatorTake your next career step at ABB with a
global team that is energizing the transformation of society and
industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB,
we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across
all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and
generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and
every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and
celebrates individual differences.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by
connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control,
and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across
multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides
customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help
ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical
infrastructure. This role will support the business in achieving
the set production targets by adhering to the systems and processes
within manufacturing. Employee will correctly and safely use
machinery and equipment on the shop floor, read and interpret the
technical diagrams & instructions for assembly of products, systems
and panels.Your responsibilities
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assembles production, fabricated metal products, electrical
equipment, and more according to directions.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, or similar documentation, then
builds to those specifications.
- Uses various machines and hand tools to accomplish assigned
- Maintains logs, records, and reports concerning production,
machine maintenance, and product inconsistencies.
- Maintains equipment and conveyors and performs basic repairs
- Inventories tools, parts, and supplies; contacts materials
handler if supplies are needed.
- Periodically checks products per company policy to ensure
quality and uniform completion; resolves any identified problems
and alerts supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Your background
- MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows
them to work for ABB in the United States
- Knowledge and use of tools - tape measure, screwdriver, battery
operated tools, etc.
- Knowledge of hardware arrangements - nuts, bolts, screws,
- Knowledge of 5S - sort, set, shine, standardize, and
- Knowledge and use of necessary PPE
- Ability to read and interpret engineering job spec sheet,
connection diagrams, bill of materials, and standard assembly
- Ability to use crane or other lifting devices, as needed
- Ability to use and work with hand tools
- Ability to safely use a ladder while performing the job, as
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 40lbs
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English Language
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
or basic instructions
- Basic computer skills to be able to look up parts based on bill
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic communication skills
- Hand, eye coordination skills and use of both handsMore about
usWe look forward to receiving your application. If you want to
discover more about ABB, take another look at our website
www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at
ABB ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited
circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or
a medical/disability accommodation. ABB is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status.
For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant,
please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB, Durham , Production Operator, Professions , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!