Company: Saint Gobain
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What's the Job?
The Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot, repair, maintain and
improve mechanical systems with the intent of improving uptime and
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on different
mechanical drive systems, pumps, fans, conveyors or other site
- Troubleshoot problems with mechanical equipment, install,
repair, maintain, observing and monitors equipment condition in
operation; listening for problems; Identify mechanical problems
using a variety of testing devices
- Troubleshoot basic electrical problems with the equipment as
motors, frequency drives, contacts, relays or other components
- Complete work orders On time and follow the WO process ---
Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Informs storeroom of needed equipment, parts, and
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulationsWhat do you bring?
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional experience with, such
as automated industrial equipment, safety qualifications, and
professional industrial maintenance in a manufacturing
- Requires adaptability, methodical/analytical problem solving
skills, and employee leadership skills with the ability to
effectively apply these skills in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hand tools, and industrial
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and
regulations. --- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and
- Team player with good interpersonal skills; written and verbal
communication skills to work effectively in corporate,
manufacturing and team environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer and Microsoft Office
Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in industrial maintenance
- Postsecondary courses in mechanical drawing, mathematics,
blueprint reading, computer programming, and electronics.
- Experience with SEW Drive system.
- Shafts laser alignment methods --- Familiarity with Lean/WCM
principles and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in Safety programs to include but not
limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Permit to Work, Confined Space,
Electrical Work, Working at Heights)Must be able to flex hours to
support 24-7 operations; occasional overtime - voluntary or
required to meet deadlines or objectives.
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an
organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust,
Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and
inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful
and sustainable home
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total
Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu
of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription &
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and
Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded
Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount
program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy
lifestyleSaint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint Gobain, Durham , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Semora, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!