CSOC Analyst - Tier 2
Posted on: February 24, 2021
This position is CONTINGENT upon funding, an open position,
customer approval, completion of a favorable background
investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain a USPS
A CSOC Analyst is needed with experience in Security Operations
Centers (SOC), Cyber Security Operations Centers (CSOC), and Cyber
Incident Response Team (CIRT). The ideal candidate for this job
will be an experienced information security practitioner who is
goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
This position could support any of the following shifts below
(based on customer needs/requirements):
Weekday First Shift 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Weekday Second Shift 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Weekday Third Shift 11:30 PM - 7 AM
Weekend Day Shift 6:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Weekend Night Shift 5:30 PM - 7:00 AM
Job responsibilities will include:
- Participates in a team of Security operations engineers
investigating alerts, anomalies, errors, intrusions, malware, etc.
to identify the responsible, determine remediation, and recommend
- Follows precise analytical paths to determine the nature and
extent of problems being reported by tools, e-mails, etc
- Follows strict guidance on reporting requirements
- Keeps management informed with precise, unvarnished information
about security posture and events
- Promotes standards-based workflow both internally and in
coordinating with US-CERT
- Engages with other internal and external parties to get and
share information to improve processes and security posture
- Supervises and guide team efforts
- Communicates to CISO leadership
- Produces design documentation
- Leads analyzing/investigating reports or anomalies
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance - Position of
Public Trust - and may be required to obtain a higher security
- Must have Cloud experience
- Must have Event Log Analysis
- 4+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's degree
for an G08
- Knowledge of networking protocols and security
- Knowledge of IP networking and network security including
- Ensuring firewall security standards are met
- Extensive Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server,
etc. log analysis
- Trouble ticket generation and processing experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting security reports on Linux,
Windows, routers, firewalls, applications, etc.
- Experience scripting with PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco
IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, Lua
- Some programming experience with C, C++, C#, Python, HTML,
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration
testing tools including, but not limited to, Metasploit,
vulnerability scanners, Kali Linux, and Nmap.
- Some experience with system hardening guidance and tools
- Security documentation experience (DIACAP/RMF)
- Some Splunk query-development expertise
- Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II
initial incident triage.
- Experience guiding junior analysts
- Experience guiding junior Security operations teams in incident
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to
effectively communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and
interact with Sec Ops leadership.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start,
prioritize, multi-task and work in a team setting.
- Splunk experience, developing queries, data models, and
- Cloud monitoring experience is a plus
- Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer
Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related
field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for
each year of degree-level education.
Certifications (one or more desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical
Hacker (C-EH), Sec+, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC,
CISM, or CCNA
* Relocation assistance is not provided.
* This is a full-time salaried position
175793Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Durham , CSOC Analyst - Tier 2, Professions , Butner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!