Principal Infrastructure Architect
Posted on: November 18, 2020
Parexel Infrastructure Architecture is seeking a motivated
Principal Infrastructure Architect to join our global team. As a
member of the Infrastructure Architecture team you ll assure that
Information Systems (IT) components meet the expectations,
standards, and objectives of the customer and company. Provide
technical leadership, thought leadership, and project management
for solution integration. Systems and/or Technical
Support/Development staff for adherence to best practices in
operations and systems. Contribute to the definition and
development of worldwide operating procedures, strategies and
standards for IT Systems. Liaise with SBU managers to articulate
best practices in Application Portfolio Management and systems
analysis, and provide leadership for SBU requirements analysis.
Significant experience and depth of knowledge required with both
VMWare and Microsoft Virtualization technologies focusing mainly on
design of modern data center platforms and infrastructure.
Significant experience and depth of knowledge required in Cisco
Servers and other hardware manufacturers. In this role the
candidate will maintain and promote security, availability, and
- Work with IT Management and business unit managers/directors to
design and implement an IT strategy for all Parexel offices
- Create advanced architecture for integration of business
processes and advancement of Parexel mission.
- Provide expert analysis for evaluating project portfolio and
determining highest value projects.
- Employing cross-functional IT and business expertise, design
advanced solution for delivering capabilities for Parexel SBUs.
- Advise and lead Parexel s IT departments in cross-functional IT
initiatives and business programs
- Represent Parexel IT departments in strategically important
external and internal audits
- Perform advanced modelling and capacity planning for systems
- Work towards the continuous improvement of Parexel s IT
department for improved quality and operations and development
- Ensure that optimal communications are advanced such that all IT
units are participating in systems and business solutions
- Maintain professional awareness by reading and taking an interest
in technical activities outside of immediate employment
- Facilitates and advises on the definition, review, and
maintenance of hardware/software technical standards, especially
related to installation, configuration, management, and maintenance
- Conduct research on industry trends, emerging technologies,
software and systems products to justify recommendations and to
support purchasing efforts
- Keeps IT management abreast of any changes across multiple
technologies which may impact business decisions
- Propose and create system design models, specifications,
diagrams, and charts to provide direction to other team members and
- Mentor junior staff members to promote standardization and
project initiatives / Provide orientation and
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related
- Provide strategic direction and consultation for systems,
policies, standards as they relate to business solutions.
- Assure that Information Systems (IT) components meet the
expectations, standards and objectives of the customer and
- Provide technical leadership, though leadership, and project
management for solution integration.
- Supervise Systems and/or Technical Support/Development staff for
adherence to best practices in operations and systems.
- Contribute to the definition and development of worldwide
operating procedures, strategies and standards for IT Systems.
- Liaise with SBU managers to articulate and best practices in
Application Portfolio Management (APM) and systems analysis.
- Provide leadership for SBU requirements analysis.
- Senior level experience in multiple technical and project
- Solid understanding of systems and processes including experience
developing, writing and implementing structured software testing
procedures, engineering plans and analyses
- Excellent problem solving, verbal communication and interpersonal
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to function in a Global organization with a flexible and
dynamic team environment
- 10+ years working with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hyper-V)
in clustered environments
- Significant Experience with maintaining and running
infrastructure based on the Cisco Server technologies
- Significant experience to hosting infrastructure within Public
Clouds Exposure (Azure preferred)Desired Qualifications:
- Operating System Engineering Experience (Windows 2012 / 2016 /
2019, Linux RHEL / CentOS)
- Storage Experience (DELL / EMC, HP, NetApp)
- Networking Experience (Cisco)
- Regulatory Industry experience (Pharmaceuticals, Bio-tech, or CRO
industries) EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status, which in the US
includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: PAREXEL, Durham , Principal Infrastructure Architect, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!