Sr. Systems Analyst - Facets
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: September 16, 2020
We are looking for a Sr. System Analyst - Facets to join our
already skilled team of experts. We want you to have a real passion
for technology and apply it to our high-performance culture. You ll
be a trusted member of a high energy, tight-knit, creative
You re responsibilities will include the end to end completion of
requirements elaboration and system functional design to solution
the most complex enterprise-wide business demands through enabling
technology and/or business processes that impact multiple business
units, lines of business, processes, and/or multi-project
portfolio. Using your experience, you'll discern true business
needs, facilitate work sessions; document, elaborate and prioritize
requirements and specifications; and manage scope as input to
functional, architectural and technical design. We will look for
you to ensure the quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of
key business services and regulatory requirements or mandates via
integrated enterprise solutions. Additionally, you will directly
with both business clients and cross domain technology partners to
translate relevant enterprise business requirements into technical
solutions via functional design.
If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then
you are the person for this team.
Coordinate Analysis and Functional Design:
* Quickly understand larger and/or more complex business issues and
data challenges of the customer. Critically evaluate information
gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose
high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level
information to a general understanding.
* Utilize expertise in analyzing end to end business and technical
flows, including impacts to operations.
* Review, edit, and prioritize business requirements,
specifications, processes and recommendations related to proposed
solution. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true
* Translate business/functional requirements into system level
functional solutions using various techniques that include:
interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys,
site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, screen
interface prototypes, demos, and/or business, task, and workflow
* Coordinate the development of functional design specifications,
GUI and screen interface designs (internal applications), and VUI
designs for customer engagements. Include project assumptions,
risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system
impacts. Proactively identify the business process and
organizational impact of proposed solutions.
* Guide project personnel to identify required system changes,
additions or retirement. Conduct gap analysis for
business/functional requirements and current system functionality,
with support, review and input from other Technical staff.
* Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and
subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and
analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. Provide
expertise for dividing the project into multiple phases based on
the business priorities, design, schedule, and level of effort.
* Ensure traceability from business/functional requirements through
development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and
ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project as
detailed in the specifications.
* Mentor less experienced staff and coordinates work as needed for
* Bachelor s Degree and 5 years of systems analysis experience
* OR a Master s Degree and 3 years of systems analysis
* If no degree, 7 years of systems analysis experience
* Must have proven experience in: Requirements Management,
Developing Functional Designs, Software development life cycles
(SDLC), Use case business model methodology, Database queries (SQL)
and Batch and online processing
* Solid experience with project management.
* Experience with Facets claims adjudication system and Facets Data
* Knowledge or experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
* Experience in Joint Application Design (JAD) facilitation
* Experience in the Rational Unified Process (RUP) preferred.
* Experience in user interface design preferred.
* Experience with client/server-based systems preferred.
* Experience with system/application integration technologies
and/or web technologies preferred.
* Experience in, or knowledge of, the health care industry is
* Leadership, mentoring and coaching skills.
* Excellent analytical and project management skills required,
including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer
business needs and translate them into application and operational
* Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and
the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group,
including executives, other leadership, and subject matter
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina ("Blue Cross NC")
complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex. Blue Cross NC does not exclude people or treat
them differently because of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Sr. Systems Analyst - Facets, Professions , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!