HARDWARE SPECIALIST - NSITES
Company: HMS Technologies Inc
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Summary of essential job functionsHMS is seeking a Hardware
Specialist in the support of National Institutes of Health (NIH),
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), NIEHS Service Desk
and Infrastructure Technology Services (NSITES) II program. The
mission of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
is to discover how the environment affects people in order to
promote healthier lives. Hardware Specialist must have capabilities
in the areas of support services of IT equipment to include, but
not limited to, scheduling desktop/laptop installations, moves,
additions, changes and repairs with the end user or business owner
and provide resolution as well as asset tracking. The chosen
candidate will have experience in IT Support services and will have
the highest standard of quality and customer service. Familiarity
with Government contract work is beneficial involving multiple
complex and inter-related project tasks that often require working
with teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations within
National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Durham, NC..
- Provide Help Desk support consisting of supported versions of
Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX/MacOS computer operating systems as
- Record additions, moves, transfers, and removal from service
into the asset tracking system.
- Image, set up, and deploy/install all non-life cycle
Government-purchased desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and
multi-user systems within 10 business days upon receipt of
- Identify obsolete IT equipment and provide this information in
the quarterly Desktop Lifecycle Rollout Report.
- Provide an Annual Lifecycle Planning Report to identify all
desktops and laptops up for renewal the following fiscal year.
- Ensure all NIEHS laptops and mobile devices are secured using
FIPS 140-2 validated whole disk encryption.
- Provide installation and/or repair components or entire units
on all hardware under warranty.
- Maintain inventory of commonly used parts and tools to
facilitate in-house repair.
- Facilitate replacing computer equipment out of warranty
- Maintain an inventory of GFE desktops, laptops, and mobile
devices using a NIH-specified inventory tracking application
- Track mobile applications purchased by NIEHS and the devices on
which they are installed.
- Install and configure mobile devices (smart phones, tablets,
and other devices as approved by NIEHS), cellular mobile broadband
cards, and integrated mobile broadband chipsets in laptops.
- Provide user assistance and troubleshooting support for
approved mobile devices.
- Manage the repair and replacement of tablets and mobile
- Ensure devices comply with Federal, HHS, NIH, and NIEHS-related
mobile computing policies.
- Maintain International GFE (IGFE) travel kits used for
international travel and ensure all devices include the necessary
applications and data files relevant for the respective trips in
accordance with the NIEHS 2018 Foreign Travel Policy guide.
- Digitally sanitize the device and return it to the pool upon
travel return.Required Skills and Experience:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience reporting updates, changes, problems and resolutions
to the customer
- Excellent customer-focused problem resolution skills, to
troubleshoot to root-cause.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Must be physically able to move hardware including computers
and monitors as repairs may require sending devices to NIEHS
authorized repair facilities or service stores. Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or related technical
- Three (3) plus years of relevant work experience in IT customer
and hardware support
- The following certifications required: Dell Associate
(hardware), Apple Certified Associate
- Experience working in NIH or other Government agency
- Public Trust security clearance or ability to obtain it.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
Keywords: HMS Technologies Inc, Durham , HARDWARE SPECIALIST - NSITES, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!