Principal Data Governance Specialist
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Blue Cross NC is seeking a highly motivated Principal Data
Governance Specialist to join our Data & Analytics team.
You will lead the the development and implementation of the
enterprise s data quality program. This includes processes,
procedures, and standards necessary to ensure high quality data are
developed, supported, and delivered by the Data and Analytics
DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES TO IMPROVE DATA QUALITY:
* Develop and implement a data quality issue management program
across the enterprise including the socialization and
operationalization of the program
* Working with key stakeholders, ensure the entire population of
data quality issues has been compiled and that they are
appropriately prioritized and assigned for ownership
* Take accountability for setting documentation and enforcement
policies and procedures that track and ensure high data quality is
created and management in alignment with business needs.
* Develop profiling and data quality rules execution capabilities.
Deploy these rules across the enterprise.
* Lead the creation of defining metrics and KPIs as part of a Data
PROVIDE STRATEGIC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP INTO THE DEVELOPMENT AND
IMPLEMENTATION THE ENTERPRISE S DATA GOVERNANCE STRATEGY
* Provide strategic thought leadership to define, improve and
execute the data governance vision, mission, strategy and
* Take accountability for ensuring compliance with all applicable
data privacy regulations and policies.
* Forge strong business and stakeholder partnerships to ensure
widespread adoption of the data governance strategy across the
* Align tactical initiatives to the data governance strategy across
projects and programs.
DRIVE OPERATIONALIZING DATA GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT IN THE
* Develop and implement standards for cataloging data assets in
support of a wide variety of use-cases. Lead the data quality
streams of work for the data catalog including the catalog of
rules, refinement of definitions, storage of data quality results,
* Manage the creation of best practices and policies concerning
reference and master data management, metadata management, data
stewardship, data privacy and security.
* Lead the design, build, and execution of data quality standards,
data protection standards and adoption requirements across the
* Actively contribute with a broad-range of stakeholders as part of
the Executive Data Governance Steering Group and Data Governance
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Computer
Science or related field.
* 8+ years of experience with Data Governance and Catalog
Solutions, Master Data Management Solutions and/or Data Management
/ Programming Languages
* Experience in the Healthcare domain
* Experience with Data Governance and Data Quality Solutions, e.g.,
ASG, Collibra, Ataccama, IDQ, DataFlux, Reltio
* Effective Communication: Superior verbal, written and
* Team and customer-service oriented, flexible and adaptable with
proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely
* Ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders with
strong influencing and negotiation skills
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or
disability in its health programs and activities.
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Durham , Principal Data Governance Specialist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!