Company: AveXis Inc.
Posted on: May 18, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to moving gene therapies
into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families
devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is
advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening
genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene
therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA--). We are in the midst of
an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to
join us on this important mission.AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company
, is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing
and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from
rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our
initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene
therapy product candidate currently in development for the
treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading
genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA
Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted
AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of
SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track
Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to
developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to
develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases,
including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic
lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide
dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.AveXis is seeking a Buyer/Planner I,
responsible for tracking inventory material from time of order to
time of delivery. This individual will work closely with suppliers
and the site Supply Chain Manager. The successful candidate will
develop and maintain a working knowledge of our materials and
- This role will assist the Supply Chain Team in tracking raw
materials, fixing incoming receipt errors and meeting weekly with
- This individual will also expedite and revise orders to meet
the changing needs of the business.
- The Buyer/Planner I will be directly involved with maintaining
data within the ERP system.
- Track all raw materials from time of purchase to time of
- Attend/host weekly meetings with suppliers to review open
- Maintain the Item Master and update via instruction from the
Supply Chain Manager.
- Create and report key performance metrics related to purchasing
and inventory management.
- Assist Warehouse team with any incoming receipt issues.
- Update month on hand reports weekly.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor. Qualifications
- Minimum B.S. degree in supply chain, engineering, science,
business or related degree.
- This is an entry level position, but 1+ years of manufacturing
experience is preferred.
- Must be able to operate with limited supervision and exercise
- Strong communication and organizational skills, detail
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Approximately 5% travel required.The level of this position
will be based on the final candidate's qualifications. Please note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or
Keywords: AveXis Inc., Durham , Buyer/Planner, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!