Posted on: November 15, 2023
Job Family:Scientist (Digital)Travel Required:NoneClearance
Required:Ability to Obtain Public TrustWhat You Will Do: We are
currently searching for a Toxicologist. This position is to provide
toxicological support for literature-based cancer hazard
evaluations for possible listing in the Report on Carcinogens. The
incumbent should have experience/expertise in toxicology, cancer
biology and mechanisms, environmental health science, and
systematic review. This is a full time (30 hours per week), on-site
opportunity in Durham, NC.
- Work with staff to confirm assay results and evaluate new
techniques and instruments; search literature; propose, design and
test alternative assays for difficult screening targets; confirm
assay results; develop secondary assays.
- Submit and gain approval of laboratory animal study
- Provide advice and assistance to users in designing
experiments, using instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis,
and preparing figures for publication.
- Work with staff on the interpretation of experiments performed
by research scientists.
- Serves as co-lead of literature cancer evaluation teams for at
least one project.
- Advance the science through proposing and investigating new
target projects for initiation based on novelty and relevance to
- Write technical reports and prepare manuscripts.
- Oversee project data quality; analyze and interpret project
- Conduct systematic review of cancer animal and mechanistic
studies, including evaluating study quality and evidence
- Presents research at national scientific meetings and
- Prepare oral presentations and posters for internal and
- Co-author manuscripts on research projects; publish in
- Review, edit, and, as needed, write first drafts of papers,
posters and manuscripts.
- Present results of clinical and experimental research at
recognized scientific meetings by lectures and exhibits (poster
- Search existing literature for new and/or relevant
- Produce research reports and regularly communicate results to
staff and collaborators.
- Prepare information for and attend advisory, review committee
and panel meetings; respond to issues and concerns
- about specific applications/proposal pertaining to assigned
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to all visiting
fellows, post-docs, and technicians.
- What You Will Need:
- At least five (5) years of experience
- DABT Certification (Diplomate of the American Board of
- Master's DegreeWhat Would Be Nice To Have:
- Systematic review
- Knowledge of computational biology is preferred.
- Cancer biology/carcinogenesis
- Computational biology/read across
- Animal cancer studies
- Manuscript writing
- Data Presentation
- WordWhat We Offer:Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total
rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a
flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating
a diverse and supportive workplace.Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Group Term Life and Travel Assistance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible
- Transit and Parking Commuter Benefits
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development, Certifications &
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- annual membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Benefits via Corestream (Critical Care, Hospital
Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance and ID theft
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
bonusAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair
Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Durham , Toxicologist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!