Emergency Dept Team Lead
Company: Person Memorial Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
PERSON MEMORIAL HOSPITALThe Team Leader provides support and
leadership for the daily operations of the department while
performing the day-to-day duties of an RN. Provides training and
mentoring of staff, as needed.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment.--
- Documents patient care given.--
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient.
- Serves in an administrative (50%) and clinical staff RN (50%)
capacity, whenever possible
- Works closely and professionally with all departments in an
effort to maintain a teamwork approach
- Serves as a mentor when training new employees in the various
functional activities required for all patient types.
- Supports Department staff in measuring and monitoring RN and
staff performance regarding quality & accuracy on a monthly basis,
or as needed. Conducts audits to ensure compliance with department
standards of care.
- Supports RN staff in collaboration with Department Director
with:-- -- --
- Work Schedules--
- Escalating patient/employee concerns, when
appropriate.--Performs other functions as required or
assigned.Reports to: Department DirectorFLSA: Non-exemptMinimum
Education:Successful completion of the Nursing Diploma Program or
an Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school is
required.Bachelor's degree is preferred.--Bachelor's Degree
preferred.--Required Skills:Requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.--Certifications:Basic Life Support (BLS)
required upon hire.Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
required within 90 days of hire.Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) required within 90 days of hire.--Licenses: Registered Nurse
License--Minimum Work Experience:Recommend 2-3 years of recent
experience a healthcare setting.Equal opportunity and affirmative
action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for
employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Keywords: Person Memorial Hospital, Durham , Emergency Dept Team Lead, Other , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!