Field System Engineer - Baton Rouge/New Orleans LA
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Benefits at bioMerieux:Low-cost medical, dental, and vision
benefits starting day one11 paid holidays160 hours of paid time
offAnnual bonus9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting
periodTuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per calendar yearPosition
Summary: -The Field Systems Engineer is responsible for managing
all service needs of bioMerieux customers within their assigned
geographic territory, as well as nationally, on an as-needed basis,
utilizing appropriate tools and test equipment. This position
requires someone who is a self-starter, with the ability to deliver
a best-in-class customer experience, while working remotely without
direct supervision and able to travel within their assigned
geographic area on short-notice.This role will support the Baton
Rouge/New Orleans area and must be based in close proximity.
-Primary Responsibilities: -
- Territory Management:
- Respond expediently to all requests for customer needs via
professional written and/or verbal communications ensuring all
instrument service requests are fulfilled within the assigned
geographic territory, or nationally if needed.
- Demonstrate good territory management skills, utilizing sound
business judgement, while coordinating installations, preventive
and corrective maintenance, moves, upgrades, and removals of all
instruments trained on, requesting support as needed, in order to
meet customer and business objectives.
- Utilize strong electro-mechanical and computer skills to
diagnose and repair instrument issues to the board or subassembly
level ensuring all instruments serviced operate optimally in all
- Develop a strong rapport with locally supported customer base,
becoming a trusted advisor, while promoting the value and benefits
of service agreements, other bioMerieux services and instruments,
communicating potential sales opportunities to the appropriate
- Routinely contact Purchase Order Required customers regarding
needs for routine Preventive Maintenance service events on their
non-contract covered instruments, helping drive business revenue
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Accurately complete instrument service work orders and all
associated quality assurance checklists for each service event in a
timely manner, documenting all activities completed at the customer
site as well as any additional actions needed to resolve all
- Complete all assigned internal training requirements within
- Maintain an accurate calendar of scheduled events, including
training classes and vacation, within the designated service
management system to reflect available and non-available
- Submit travel related expense reports on a routine basis so as
not to incur late fees or penalties.
- Other Related Duties:
- Maintain and control ready on-hand spare parts inventory at
levels compatible with repair activities and department financial
- Strive for continuous self-improvement of knowledge of
bioMerieux policies, procedures, inter-personal skills, as well as
instrument service and operation techniques.
- Maintain company issued vehicle to include routine cleaning and
servicing per scheduled maintenance cycle.
- Maintain and safeguard all company owned assets to include
laptop, cell phone, iPad, hand tools and calibrated test equipment
to facilitate daily job functionality.
- Represent bioMerieux in a professional manner at all times
through adherence to documented Standards of Performance.
- Achieve or exceed all Measured Business Objectives as
established on an annual basis.
- Partner with sales and applications counterparts to deliver the
highest level of customer experience possible to existing and
potential bioMerieux customers.
- Provide support at trade shows on an as needed basisEducation,
Skills, & Experience: -
- Military training, biomedical training, or technical school in
Electronic Technology or Computer Science required. - -Associates
degree in engineering or related discipline preferred. -
- Demonstrated ability to work on electro-mechanical, electronic,
computer, electrical and vacuum systems
- Experience in host/remote communications and network systems
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of
laboratory operations preferred#biojobs#BmxDURPandoLogic. ,
Location: Durham, NC - 27701
Keywords: bioMerieux, Durham , Field System Engineer - Baton Rouge/New Orleans LA, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!