Senior HR Business Partner
Posted on: May 28, 2023
You Matter to Cambrex.
Cambrex is a leading global contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO) that provides drug substance, drug product, and
analytical services across the entire drug lifecycle. With more
than 40 years of experience and a growing team of over 2,400
professionals servicing global clients, Cambrex is a trusted
partner in branded and generic markets for API and dosage form
development and manufacturing.
Your Work Matters.
At Cambrex, we strive to build a culture where all colleagues have
the opportunity to:
- engage in work that matters to our customers and the patients
- learn new skills and enjoy new experiences in an engaging and
- strengthen connections with coworkers and the community
We're committed to attracting and nurturing a passionate team of
valued professionals in our fast-paced and growing company. We
offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, Life, LTD, retirement savings and more! Can we make this
broader language, so it fits in all markets, e.g., that includes
healthcare, life insurance, planning for retirement, and more!
Your Future Matters.
Known for our customer-focused scientific and manufacturing
excellence, as well as our strong commitment to quality and safety,
we offer a range of career and growth opportunities across our
global network of locations. Together with our customers, we aim to
improve the quality of life for patients around the world. Start a
career where You Matter by applying today!
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) is
responsible for partnering with assigned business area with a focus
on recruitment, retention, performance management, employee
development, engagement and succession planning. Additionally, s/he
contributes to policy administration, compliance efforts, and works
collaboratively with other site HR personnel to provide a
comprehensive HR service experience.
Promotes leadership effectiveness and compliance with HR policies
and programs through coaching people leaders, facilitating learning
programs, and delivering standardized tools and best practices.
Also, uses knowledge of various human resources functions,
including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, and
associate relations, to provide tactical HR support to people
managers. -Acts as an advocate for all associates. Recommends and
implements solutions to resolve associate issues. -
Talent Management (Workforce Planning, Recruiting, DEI)
- Confer with Manager to identify personnel needs, workforce
planning strategies, and search assignments Supports recruitment
needs working with talent acquisition team
- Partner with Site Leader on creating and executing plan to
ensure strong pipeline of talent, best talent in, and ready
successors for, Site critical roles
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local
community colleges and universities to create a pipeline of future
- Attend local career fairs & community events to strengthen
local candidate pool
- Participate in post-interview debrief/feedback and post-mortems
with interview teams and candidates
- Advocate for diverse candidate pools and hiring
- Assess, provide insights and report on people metrics for Site
ongoing, in partnership with HR Operations
Performance and Development
- Manage implementation of all phases of performance management
process at the Site (goal setting, mid- year, year-end reviews),
including communications to employees and People Managers
- Track and report on completion rates of goal setting and
- Provide coaching to People Managers and employees as needed
regarding performance and development related discussions and
- Partner with Total Rewards and HRLT member(s) on assessment of
job levels, creation of job descriptions, and development of career
- Support Corporate and BU development initiatives e.g. DEI, HR
processes (recruiting, interviewing, etc.)
- Assist in organizational training and development efforts
Employee Engagement and Retention
- Partner with management to foster strong retention of
- Manage all employee relations discussions and
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding policies,
procedures, and programs
- Serve as a liaison between management and departments.
- Resolve Employee Relations issues for assigned employee groups.
Monitor trends and advise VP of HR as to issues.
- Manage the departure process and conduct exit interviews,
assess and report on turnover trends, develop action plans to
address gap areas
- Provide pragmatic coaching to site management addressing
retention, talent development, organizational design, performance
management, succession planning, and manager coaching
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors,
community organizations, and other team members to create a
partnership that yields success, predictable results and
- Partner with Site Leader and Site Leadership Team on creating
and distributing communications to colleagues
- Manage company medical leave process and state leave programs,
- Coordinate with payroll to ensure medical leaves are paid
- Partner with VP HR ESDT to ensure new hires offers and pay are
- Maintain ADP ongoing to ensure completeness, accuracy and
timeliness of people data
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding HR matters and
fosters positive employee relations
- Contribute to the success of HR programs related to
recognition, years of service, employee wellness and
- Travel to multiple office locations providing partnership and
counsel, as needed.
- Maintain current working knowledge of employment law, NC
specific law and HR compliance.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as
- Manage or contribute to special projects as assigned
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or
university preferred; PHR-CA /SPHR-CA or SHRM certification
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Knowledge of North Carolina law preferred.
- 7+ years HR experience, with at least 2+ year of recruitment
experience and 3+ year of HR Business Partner experience.
- Experience with Change Management preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while
- Demonstrated ability for strong attention to detail and
- Demonstrated ability to make practical, realistic and timely
decisions after considering facts, available resources and
potential risks, and utilizing reason when dealing with sensitive
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas and information in a
clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner.
- Demonstrated counseling techniques with ability to act as a
- Experience and knowledge in conflict resolution, counseling,
mediation, and knowledge of resources for crisis
- Experience administering a broad scope of complex personnel and
related functions such as recruitment and selection, employee
relations, performance management, compensation and classification,
policy and procedure development, compliance management, benefits
administration, organizational development, terminations and
layoffs and affirmative action.
- Knowledge and understanding of and ability to interpret and
apply local, state, and federal employment laws, including
- Experience in writing policies, job descriptions, job postings,
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: Cambrex, Durham , Senior HR Business Partner, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...