Med Surg Team Lead
Company: Person Memorial Hospital
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Person Memorial HospitalThe Team Leader provides support and
leadership for the daily operations of the department while
performing the day-to-day duties of an RN. Provides training and
mentoring of staff, as needed.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient.
- Serves in an administrative (50%) and clinical staff RN (50%)
capacity, whenever possible
- Works closely and professionally with all departments in an
effort to maintain a teamwork approach
- Serves as a mentor when training new employees in the various
functional activities required for all patient types.
- Supports Department staff in measuring and monitoring RN and
staff performance regarding quality & accuracy on a monthly basis,
or as needed. Conducts audits to ensure compliance with department
standards of care.
- Supports RN staff in collaboration with Department Director
with:--- Work Schedules--- Evaluations--- Escalating
patient/employee concerns, when appropriate.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
Mission and Value statement of the Hospital.Reports to: Inpatient
Services DirectorFLSA: Non-exemptMinimum Education:High school
diploma or equivalent RequiredNursing Diploma Program from an
accredited school RequiredAssociates Degree from an accredited
school Preferred -Bachelor's degree Preferred -Required
Skills:Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate
action.Certifications:Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon
hire.Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required upon hire
for ED/ICU -Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for ED/ICU have
90 days to obtain.Licenses: Registered Nurse LicenseMinimum Work
ExperienceRecommend 2-3 years of recent experience a healthcare
setting.Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are
looking for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Person Memorial Hospital, Durham , Med Surg Team Lead, Other , Roxboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...