Company: Staff Icons
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Administer and coordinate technical activities in a specific
segment of the Clinical Laboratories which may include the Blood
Bank, Blood Gas, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Hematology, Clinical
Microbiology, Clinical Pediatrics and Stat Laboratories and
outreach ser vices to ensure effective technical operation of the
- Administer and coordinate the technical activities of personnel
in a specific segment of the Clinical Laboratories to ensure
effective technical operation of the unit in accordance with
- perform specialized procedures requiring advanced skill and
- Develop and implement quality control programs to ensure
reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory
equipment and compliance with federal regulations
- prepare and maintain related records.
- Conduct proficiency evaluations of laboratory operations
through preparation and distribution of unknown specimens or
samples and evaluating the accuracy of solicited results.
- Assist in the development and implementation of testing
methods, techniques and procedures for laboratory application; set
up and evaluate new laboratory equipment and make recommendations
accordingly; standardize laboratory solutions and develop reagents
used in diagnostic work.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to personnel in
routine and advanced laboratory techniques; conduct formal training
programs and workshops for medical technology students, faculty ,
staff and other interested personnel.
- Assist in planning and scheduling work for personnel ensuring
proper distribution of assignments and ad equate staffing, space
and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse
trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive
marketing plan that achieves laboratory budget volumes.
- Working knowledge of routine and specialized procedures and
tests i n specified area of specialty (e.g. Serology, Special
Hematology, Anaerobic Bacteriology, Blood Banking)
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field.
Minimum educational or experience requirements may be modified on a
case-by-case basis at the discretion of the CLIA (Clinical
Laboratory Improvement Amendment) director as long as minimal CLIA
requirements are met by the employee for the tasks being
- Three to five years of laboratory experience required to gain
specific knowledge of routine and specialized procedures and tests
in specified area of specialty (e.g., Serology, Special Hematology,
- Certification in Medical Technology by a nationally recognized
agency/board and/or in the specialized field of the assigned Lab.
Assignment in Transfusion Service requires certification as
Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB).
Keywords: Staff Icons, Durham , Analytical Specialist, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...