Posted on: March 17, 2023
LabCorp is seeking a Histology Accessioning Technician to join
their team!This position will be 1st shift hours of 7:00am -
4:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday. Job Summary: Receive unaccessioned
specimens, unpack and sort samples, accession samples into
Exemplar/DEC computer system, route specimens to appropriate
testing laboratory. Documents incoming and outgoing specimen
tracking by utilizing the LCA SRS Tracking system. Prepare
specimens for sendout to other LCA laboratories or referral
laboratories. Scope of Supervision - given and/or received:
(quantifiable dimensions of position) This position works under
general supervision. Principal Functional responsibilities:
- Follows the laboratory's procedure for receiving, unpacking,
accessioning, order entry and shipping specimen shipments.
- Electronically documents receipt of shipment and specimens in
the LCA SRS system.
- Performs accessioning for the LCLS system.
- Performs order entry in the Exemplar/Dianon DEC system.
- Electronically tracks samples out of DEC Accessioning to the
appropriate testing laboratory.
- Copies requisitions and forwards to the appropriate testing
- Completes sendout paperwork per SOP for samples being sent to
other LCA or referral laboratories.
- Packs outgoing samples per SOP for samples being sent to other
LCA or referral laboratories.
- Assists in unpacking regional shipments
- Records initials on all paperwork to indicate work performed by
- Understands that all patient information is confidential.
- Follows the laboratory's procedure for data storage.
- Organizes, stores paperwork on completed shipments.
- Images requisitions and attachments for long term storage.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies and
maintains appropriate logs and records as required.
- Performs temperature reading documentation as assigned.
- Performs assigned bench top cleaning.
- Notifies supervisor or lead of any failure or adverse trend in
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
- Wears proper PPE when handling specimens.
- Discards biohazard waste properly.
- Notifies supervisor immediately of any lab accident or exposure
- Maintains adequate stock of working supplies, completes weekly
inventory audit as assigned.
- Participates in required Continuing Education activities.
- Serves as an example and resource for less experienced
- Adheres to lab policies and protocols.
- Shows a high level of respect for all lab personnel, supervisor
- Shows willingness to perform duties until they are
- Attends all required meetings and represents laboratory in a
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Chemical Safety
- Hazardous Waste
- Regulated Medical Waste
- Specimen Packaging and Shipping
- Ergonomics, Computer and Accessioning
- Evacuation plan and route
- Standard Operating Procedures
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0001 SIS Accessioning
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0002 Creating Images with Motorola Barcode
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0003 Accession Problems and Resolution
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0004 Front End Imaging
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0005 DEC Accessioning Order Entry
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0006 Image Search
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0007 Potential Embed Only
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0008 SRS Tracking
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0009 Unpacking and Receiving Shipments
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0010 SRS Dashboard
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0012 Checking Lab Suspends
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0013 Man Overboard
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0014 Employee Training and Initial Competency
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0015 Preventative Maintenance
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0016 DEC QA Plan
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0017 System Downtime, ISO B.8
- LC-TG-DEC-SOP-0018 SIS & Exemplar Order EntryQualifications
(education, experience, training required to perform position:
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with no clinical lab
- Experience Preferred
- Familiar with handling clinical specimens.
- Experience in the different specimen types in the clinical
- Administrative experience: answer telephones, maintain
logs/records, use of computerized databases, verbal and written
communications. This job description reflects only the essential
functions of the position and excludes those which may be
incidental to the performance of the job. In no way is it stated or
implied that the principal functions are the only duties to be
performed. Employees will be required to follow any other job
related instructions and to perform any other job related duties
requested by their supervisor.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer: As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for
diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate
harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment
decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications
of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or
other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal
appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to
apply. For more information about how we collect and store your
personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: LabCorp, Durham , Specimen Accessioner, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...