Services Operations Specialist - RTP North Carolina Area
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job SummaryServices Operations Specialists support on average
8-10 total customer sites & job profiles, developing specialized
knowledge across all Lab and Production service offerings. The
ideal employee will utilize this gained knowledge and experience to
provide on-the-job training for new associates and collaborate with
Avantor site owners to identify and assist with implementing
process and safety improvements.
During associate scheduled vacations, associate leave, open
positions, and/or emergency situations occur. Services Operations
Specialist responsibilities are primarily within a designated
territory, although secondary backup responsibility requires travel
outside their designated territory and/or home base state.This is
not a work-from-home career. The ideal employee should reside in
this RTP North Carolina area and will be responsible for traveling
between multiple locations and must be able to travel outside of
North Carolina (RTP Area) up to 50% of the time.Mileage
reimbursement for miles driven from your door to the client
location. Overnight travel assignment bonus program.MAJOR JOB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Performs all duties associated with operations of Site
- Requires traveling to customer sites.
- Coordinates and leads team efforts and performs work related to
- Works closely with management to complete projects such as
Standard Operating Procedures, Scopes of Work, Standard Work,
On-The-Job Training, and other assorted tasks along with direct
customer interfacing relative to job functions.
- Interfaces directly with customer Point-of-Contact, purchasing
directors, facility directors and plant managers etc. to procure
lab supplies and material.
- Utilizes Avantor and customer computer systems: SAP, Inventory
Manager, Chemical Manager and/or other customer specific
- Trains Avantor Lab and Production Services associates on all
- Provides SAP Support (Full customer services, credit rebills,
- Modifies and maintains quality metrics and key performance
- Manages a budget related to expense reports.
- Meets revenue, TOE, safety, performance and quality goals and
- Builds programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.BENEFITS: (All Full-time
employees are eligible for health benefits on 1st day of
- Dental, Vision, and Medical and HFS (Healthcare Flexible
Spending & Saving)
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave,
- 401k & 401k Matching
- Employee Stock purchase options.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or
undergraduate degree in a business or science related field is a
- 3 -5+ years experience in Inventory
control/procurement/shipping and receiving/Inside Sales, etc. a
- Valid Driver's License and transportation required,
- Must be able to travel outside of Durham, NC to 50% of the
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those vital to perform the job
- Customer required COVID-19 proof of vaccination
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Information Access and System ESS; proficient
Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional
- Ability to perform duties with the highest regard for safety,
quality, and site protocols/policies/procedures.
- Cross-Referencing skills.
- Must be exceedingly flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and
have the ability to act independently.ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING
CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)Typically
works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a
normal range of temperature and noise level.Work assignments are
diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work
problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.A
frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on a routine
basis.Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 50 lbs.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with a job.DISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Durham , Services Operations Specialist - RTP North Carolina Area, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!