Reliability Architect - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Remote
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
This position may have an opportunity to work remotely. All Duke
University and Duke Health remote workers must reside in one of the
following states or districts: Arizona; California; Colorado;
Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Illinois; Maryland; Massachusetts;
Montana; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; South
Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia; or Washington, DC. -Primary
Performs highly-complex-to-advanced (senior-level) business
continuity, emergency management, and disaster recovery planning
and research work. Work involves developing application,
infrastructure, and cloud based plans; developing procedures for
implementing plans or programs; and developing procedures for
measuring progress. May supervise the work of others. Works under
limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of
initiative and independent judgment.
Essential tasks/responsibilities - -
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with
critical assets such as data centers and cloud providers such as
- Support the curation of system blueprints, runbooks, etc.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable
resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or
facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Partner with individuals across DHTS to develop plans and
architectures for both new and existing products/services.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or
information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods
and resource requirements.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making
and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes,
or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure
continuity of operation and governance.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or
business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation
of business interruption and other risks caused by business,
regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results or
accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types
of business disruptions.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate
in training or other educational offeringsto keep abreast of new
developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and
business continuity. -Minimum QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or four years of
equivalent technical experience required.
- None required. Preferred certification in development
technologies, as appropriate for the position. -Experience:
- Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education
(or equivalency) requirement.
- Level 2 - Two years of directly related experience is
- Level 3 - Four years of directly related experience is
- The preferred candidate will have up to five years of directly
related IT experience.
- Preferred Technical Expertise:
- Designing high availability systems in medical environment
- Working with multiple storage technologies and SAN.
- Design, implementation and maintenance experience, specifically
in AIX, LINUX and Windows.
- Virtualization environments including VMWare, Nutanix
- Systems and application monitoring and management tools, such
as Tivoli or Tanium
- Large enterprise design of wired/wireless networks
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft, or
- Two or more years in business continuity/disaster recovery
planning in a technical capacity
- ---The following certifications/experience are strongly
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification preferred
- VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX
- A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s) preferred.
- One or more cloud certifications - - - Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Reliability Architect - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Remote, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!