Company: Veritas Collaborative
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Join our Education Department at our Children's Hospital in
*Part-time Math/Science Tutor working in a healthcare
*Great Hours - 4 days/week *
*Nature and Scope: *
A Tutor provides academic support to school-aged patients as
designated by the Education Coordinators.
*Major Accountabilities: *
* Works one-on-one with patients on middle school and high school
curriculum as needed.
* Fun Summer Activities to engage groups.
* Tutors patients in the on-site classrooms during scheduled school
* Utilizes patient coursework as directed by Education
* Communicates regularly with Education Team on patient's academic
progress and needs.
* Assists Education Team in maintaining the classroom supplies and
organization; updates spreadsheets containing patient academic
* Provides a positive environment for supportive, recovery-based
* Maintains appropriate, therapeutic boundaries with patients and
families, at all times.
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge of middle and high school
coursework including English, math, social studies and science.
* Creates an environment where students are at ease and open to
learning and discussing something new and/or challenging.
* Bachelors degree or currently enrolled in last year of Bachelor's
* Experience tutoring middle/high school students required.
* Experience in a clinical setting preferred.
* Great for Gap year students!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Day shift
* Do you experience in tutoring?
* Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Veritas Collaborative, Durham , Tutor (Math/Science), Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!