Nursing Care Assistant I/Health Unit Coord. - DUH - Birthing Center
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Duke University HospitalDuke University Hospital is consistently
rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around
the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research.
Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and
offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities,
including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite
containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate
hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms
and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For
2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University
Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology &
heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat,
gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology &
neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers.Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) - - -Nursing Care
Assistant I / Health Unit Coordinator - Duke University Health
System -Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care
Assistant I - Health Unit Coordinator who will embrace our mission
of Transforming Lives Transforming Care. -Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical
Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle! - -Responsibilities:
-The Nursing Care Assistant I / Health Unit Coordinator performs a
variety of non-professional nursing duties and clerical duties
under the direct supervision of an RN/LPN to support patient care.
This position will consistently exhibits excel lent customer
service skills. -What you will do: -
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific
procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and
informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients
including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing
clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting
with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder
elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the
personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching
instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by
helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags,
administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as
necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective
equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required skills validation and attending educational
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old,
IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and
- Greeting patients and visitors, answering the telephone,
responding to patient's requests, accessing the electronic medical
record (EMR), scheduling appointments and providing general
clerical support as needed by the department. - -What you will
Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing
with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of
Health Service Regulation.High School Diploma or higher. -Basic
Life Support certification from American Heart Association. - - -
-Minimum Qualifications - -EducationCompletion ofa Level I - Nurse
Aide education program approved by the North Carolina Board of
Nursing or successful completion of the NC - approved Nurse Aide I
competency test. High school diploma or equivalent required.
-Experience -N/A -Degrees, Licensures, Certifications -Currently
listed as a Nursing Assistant (NAI) with the Division of Facility
Services with no substantiated findings or pending of abuse, fraud,
neglect or misappropriation of property. AHA BasicHealthcare
provider certification must be maintained/ completed by the end of
new hire orientation, which typically takes place during the first
week of employment. - - Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity
without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender,
gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration,
innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success
depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best
when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and
experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential
that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Nursing Care Assistant I/Health Unit Coord. - DUH - Birthing Center, Other , Bahama, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!