Company: Cypress Creek Renewables
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Cypress Creek Renewables (CCR) is a leading renewables IPP. We
develop, finance, own and operate utility-scale and distributed
solar and storage projects across the country. Our mission is to
power a sustainable future, one project at a time. Since inception,
CCR has developed more than 11GW of solar projects. Today we own
2GW of solar and through our O&M Services business, we operate
4GW of solar projects, the fourth largest provider in the US.
Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all
backgrounds, CCR people are drawn to work in a purpose-driven
organization. We hope you will join us.
Cypress Creek is currently seeking Counsel to join the Company's
legal team. This individual will be responsible for providing legal
support to the Company's solar operating fleet and O&M
divisions. The position will report directly to the Vice President,
Legal - Operations. The candidate is expected to work out of the
Company's office in Durham, North Carolina, but applicants with
significant experience and exceptional recommendations can be
considered for remote work arrangements.
Internal Counsel do not only review documents - they are true
partners with our commercial and technical leads in negotiating,
structuring, and executing important agreements and transactions
and finding commercial solutions for Cypress Creek. The person in
this position will be expected not just to accommodate, but to
advocate business considerations in the performance of their role.
The individual will have access to Cypress Creek's deep internal
bench across the development, finance, construction, procurement,
operations and management verticals to support execution and to
help the individual grow their own skillset and industry
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Act as primary legal counsel in supporting the operations and
maintenance business unit, including, but not limited to,
negotiating operations and maintenance agreements, commercial and
procurement contracts, master service and non-disclosure
agreements, assisting in RFP responses for new business, handling
warranty claims, advising on the legal aspects of business
processes and procedures and health and safety matters.
* Work with the team that manages the Cypress Creek solar operating
fleet to advise on and interpret financing and investment
agreements and solar project agreements and assist with the
management of relationships with lenders and investors and other
solar project stakeholders, such as landowners, power purchasers,
and third-party contractors and equipment suppliers.
* Support regulatory filings and initiatives, including federal
energy regulatory filings and analysis, and work with insurers and
brokers on insurance matters and claims.
* Occasionally assist on project acquisitions, debt and tax equity
financings and due diligence.
* Draft and negotiate other miscellaneous commercial contracts as
* Use legal background to serve as a sounding board and counselor
to assist other team members in solving the problem of the day.
* Collaborate regularly with other members of the legal team to
help solve issues that arise from time to time.
*Preferred Education and/or Work Experience Requirements: *
* J.D. from accredited law school and current license to
* Minimum 2 years of experience with a law firm or in-house legal
* Experience in the renewable energy industry is a plus.
* Experience negotiating operations and maintenance and procurement
agreements in the renewables energy industry is a plus.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills and business-oriented approach
to resolving legal issues.
* Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication
* Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet tight
* Ability to analyze complex issues and advise internal business
*Requirements/Work Environment: *
* Preference to be based out of our Durham, North Carolina
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Cypress Creek Renewables, Durham , Counsel, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!