Posted on: September 24, 2022
Operations --> Warehouse
* ID: 17395-034
Vallen's Storeroom Crib Attendant is an individual contributor
positioned within a customer's location to fulfil daily receiving,
stocking, issuing, and cycle counting of customer and/or Vallen
inventory. They are responsible for maintaining a professional,
clean and organized work environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Unloads, receives and puts away incoming product, goods, tools
and/or equipment; unpacks bales, crates, and other containers;
checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and
* Accurately sorts, labels, moves and stores items; places material
or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined
sequence such as size, style, or product codes; arranges storage to
optimize crib space.
* Issues product, goods, tools and/or equipment to site employees;
documents and maintains accurate records for issued and returned
* Enters data into a database or other computerized system to
maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieves stored information to
respond to inquiries (e.g., inventory levels or delivery
schedules.); documents discrepancies on an error log and seeks
management advice on appropriate corrective action.
* Requests requisitions to replenish inventory.
* Assists with inventory level maintenance; performs cycle counts
and prepares report results.
* Inspects and measures tools/equipment for defects, wear and tear
and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
* Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of
supplies and equipment.
* Delivers tools or equipment to associate work locations.
* Investigates and locates lost or misplaced equipment or safety
* May repairs, services and lubricates tools and equipment as
* Performs other related duties as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent coupled with 3+ months relevant
experience and/or training.
Relevant experience and/or aptitude should include:
* Loading, unloading, picking, packing or moving goods in a
warehouse environment; forklift / cherry picker experience
* Tool Room Inventory (preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, work orders, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
* Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated
technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include
but not limited to MS-Office products, Vista, Control, SX.e,
* Demonstration of basic mathematical skills (add, subtract,
multiply and divide in all units to measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals); ability to compute rate, ratio,
and percent preferred.
* Strong communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated to
accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
* Demonstration of attention to detail and is safety minded.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions of this position.
* Work environment may not be temperature controlled; must have the
ability to work in extreme hot or cold environments.
* Must have the ability to work in dusty conditions.
* May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various
forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear,
* May be required to pass forklift and/or other warehouse equipment
certifications (written and/or driving).
* Assigned work shifts may vary and/or rotate.
* Overtime may be required; extended day, evening and weekend work
may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no
* Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to
lift up to 75lbs or greater with assistance following standard
operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements
including, regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend,
crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
* Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.
Enhance your career by joining an amazing team at Vallen
Working at Vallen, it's not only a place you go to work but a place
to feel connected and part of a team. We offer employee resource
groups for allyship, education, networking, professional growth,
engagement, and much more. At Vallen, we also encourage community
engagement through our Vallen Cares outreach initiative. Through
this program, our employees get together for volunteer efforts,
charitable giving, team-building activities, and sustainability
We strive to uphold our mission of passionately serving our
customers and suppliers with responsiveness, expertise, and empathy
while striving to continuously learn and improve performance all
while staying connected with one another
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a Career
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and
Keywords: Vallen, Durham , Storeroom Attendant, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!