Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) Home Health
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Duke Homecare & Hospice Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice,
home health and infusion services as well as serves as the home for
the Duke Caregiver Support Program. Our Hospice team works closely
with a patient--------s physician to provide comprehensive,
individualized care in the comfort their home or at our inpatient
hospice facility located in Durham. Our team of nurses, therapists,
social workers, counselors, and chaplains help patients and their
families manage advanced medical conditions. Duke Home Health
provides services in a patient--------s home that include skilled
nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy,
social service, home health aides, and pain and wound management.
Our infusion team comes to a patient--------s home to administer
intravenous medications, including antibiotics and chemotherapy, to
children and adults. Our nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and
patient services coordinators work under the direction of a
patient--------s doctor to monitor needs and treatment. Duke
Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -To have the opportunity to speak to
someone further about this position, please click this link to
schedule with a recruiter:
-The Duke HomeCare and Hospice program serves 9 counties and within
a 60-mile radius, and our Home Infusion Program offers multi-state
coverage (NC, SC, VA). Our team is active in delivering exemplary
care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience,
every time.Watch this video to learn more about the skills you will
gain from working in the home health setting! -Watch this video to
learn how Duke Home Health is different than other Home Health
providers: -Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM -Duke HomeCare and
Hospice differs from other home health companies in -many amazing
ways. Please see a list of some of those reasons below:
- No call or weekend requirements
- Manageable caseloads and territories
- Commitment to safety for both patients and employees
- Mileage reimbursement rate equal to the federal rate of
- Extensive orientation of 10-20 -weeks based on individual needs
-In addition to the responsibilities and requirements described in
the Duke job description, the Duke HomeCare & Hospice DHCH Home
Based Care Nurse AD/DIP will be responsible for: -JOB SUMMARY:
-Performs professional nursing care for patients in a primary care
setting (the home or alternate site setting) according to nursing
practices, agency policies and regulations. Provide nursing
services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of
the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. - -MAJOR
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care
utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with the
NC nurse practice act, physician orders and established policies
and procedures. - Uses professional nursing judgment to
individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's
baseline needs and response to care.
- Utilize comprehensive assessment skills to plan priorities and
to set realistic outcomes; collaborate with healthcare team in the
evaluation and cost effectiveness of patient care.
- Assess educational needs of patients/families concerning
alterations in health, the disease process, and plan of care.
- Develop and implement an effective discharge plan for patients
to begin at the initiation of services.
- Obtain or develop appropriate educational resources for
patients/families; plan and implement appropriate educational
interventions; evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of
- Role model professional nursing through conduct, appearance,
communication, mutual respect, ethical decision-making, critical
thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings and case
conferences, as necessary, to assure appropriate care and service
are provided to the patient.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/JCAHO
standards thru inservices and workshop attendance.
- Assesse the severity of patient symptoms, communicate to the
physician and record significant findings, intervenes as
- Document care and services provided in accordance with DHCH
Policy and Procedures and regulatory standards.
- Complete documentation accurately, timely, concisely.
- Medication reconciliation and education to prevent adverse
events and readmission to hospital
- Observe patient's reactions to medications and reports
significant incidents to the physicians.
- Communicate regularly with team members, caregivers, and
- Follow infection control standard precautions and uses personal
protective equipment as required.
- Delegate and supervise care given by NCA's/LPN's.
- Develop plan of care for aides, assign care to aides based on
the skills of the aide, the availability of the aide for patient
care continuity, patient preference (when possible), and other
considerations as determined by the patient's care needs.
- Identify personal learning needs and implements corrective
action: assists in planning and conducting staff development
programs to improve DHCC effectiveness.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Implement agency policy, procedures and objectives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with agency billing staff to
ensure accuracy of billing.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and patient
- Exhibit an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the
- Display a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promote quality, comprehensive services through a team
- Perform other duties as assigned. -Home Health
- Case manage interdisciplinary team of clinicians caring for
patients in the home.
- Complete required OASIS Comprehensive assessments at admission,
recertification, Resumption of care and discharge. - This
assessment determines patient reimbursement for Medicare and other
episodic payors and also results in publicly reported patient
outcomes and additional payment impacts related to value based
- Work with interdisciplinary team and patient providers to
prevent re-hospitalization of the patient.
- Be aware of patient insurance requirements and assures
authorization for all services have been obtained.
- Appropriate utilization of resources for patient including
visit and supply utilization. -WORK ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS:
-Perform Patient care primarily in the patient's residence or
skilled nursing facility (> 50%)Travel to and from patient
residenceRisk exposure for this environment is high -PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS (Above and beyond what is stated in the DUHS job
description) -Education and Formal Training
- Associate Degree or Diploma, Nursing required
- Registered Nurses are not required but encouraged to enroll in
a DUHS approved BSN program after completing two years of service
of their start date.
- Only BSN registered nurses eligible to participate in DUHS RN
Clinical Ladder program -Licensures, Certifications
- Must have a current or compact RN licensure in the state of
- Current State of North Carolina Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
Certificate (CPR) (American Heart Association only) -Professional
Work Experience & Requirements
- Two years of med-surgical, critical care or home
- Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance
- Prior experience in Home Health, Hospice or Infusion
- Prior OASIS and PDGM experience preferred for home health
-Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations,
including JCAHO and DFS standards, ICD-9 Coding.
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical
nurse and NCA
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill
patients and their families
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
Keywords: Duke Health, Durham , Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) Home Health, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!