Bus Operator I
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionGoTriangle is the regional public transportation
provider, offering a wide variety of fixed route, paratransit, and
vanpool services to NC's Triangle Region and outlying counties. We
serve Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Garner, the RDU
International Airport, RTP, and Raleigh.We currently have multiple
openings for Bus Operators in the GoTriangle region. Bus Operators
are responsible for transporting passengers over specified distant
points according to a set time schedule, and involves the ability
to operate the assigned vehicle in a safe, reliable, and
professional manner while being courteous, patient, and helpful to
all passengers.Responsibilities include (but are not limited
- Abiding by all safety and traffic regulations/laws as well as
- Properly completing all required paperwork to include
manifests, pre/post-inspection checks, accident reports, and other
- Using sound judgment in following dispatch instructions, being
able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pick-
up and drop- off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Attending training classes with successful completion.
- Answering passenger questions politely and accurately, to
include questions about service area, eligibility requirements, and
- Ensuring passengers' ride is comfortable and safe.
- Providing assistance to individuals as needed.
- Knowing and abiding by all federal transit requirements.
- Keeping current on the operation of all service routes.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicle as required.The successful
candidate must have be able to obtain a CDL Class B with a
passenger endorsement and be able to maintain a DOT card.
Candidates who currently possess a CDL will be given priority. This
position requires six years driving experience, possession of a
good driving record, and the ability to drive in all types of
adverse weather. Because we provide an integral service to the
public, our operators are expected to report to work during
AdverseWeather conditions and work split shifts. Prior bus or heavy
vehicle driving experience preferred. All successful candidates
must first pass a drug screening and criminal background
check.Hourly pay starts at $13.00 during the initial 60 day
training period, after which starting pay will increase to $15.00
per hour. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a
comprehensive benefits package.
Keywords: GoTriangle, Durham , Bus Operator I, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!