Paratransit Operator I
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionGoTriangle is the regional public transportation
provider, offering a wide variety of fixed route,paratransit, and
vanpool services to NC's Triangle Region and outlying counties. We
serve Apex, Cary,Chapel Hill, Durham, Garner, the RDU International
Airport, RTP, and Raleigh.We currently have multiple openings for
Paratransit Operators in the GoTriangle region.
ParatransitOperators transports passengers over specified distant
points according to a set time schedule. TheParatransit Operator is
required to operate the assigned vehicle in a safe, reliable, and
professional mannerwhile being courteous, patient, and helpful to
all passengers.Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Abiding by all safety and traffic regulations/laws as well as
- Properly completing all required paperwork to include
manifests, pre/post-inspection checks,accident reports, and other
- Accurately recording all mileage, driving, waiting, and
administration time on daily manifest sheet.
- Using sound judgment in following dispatch instructions, being
able to recognize, create, and followlogical sequences for pick-up
and drop-off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Attending training classes and successfully completing each.
Training includes, but is not limited to,
- CPR, First Aid, and special assistance techniques and driving
- Dressing in appropriate uniform and maintains a neat, clean,
and well-groomed appearance.
- Answering passenger questions politely and accurately, to
include questions about service area,eligibility requirements, and
- Be knowledgeable of the fare box procedures, collecting the
proper fare, and issuing fare media.
- Ensuring passengers' ride is comfortable and safe.
- Providing assistance to individuals as needed.
- Knowing all emergency procedures and reports all accidents,
emergencies, and incidentsimmediately.
- Knowing and maintaining proper radio procedures/protocol.
- Knowing and abiding by all ADA transit requirements.
- Keeping current on the operation of all service routes.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicle as required.The successful
candidate must have be able to obtain a CDL Class B with a
passenger endorsement andbe able to maintain a DOT card. Candidates
who currently possess a CDL will be given priority. Thisposition
requires six years driving experience, possession of a good driving
record, and the ability todrive in all types of adverse weather.
Because we provide an integral service to the public, our
operatorsare expected to report to work during Adverse Weather
conditions and work split shifts. Prior bus or heavy vehicle
driving experience preferred. All successful candidates must first
pass a drug screeningand criminal background check.Hourly pay
starts at $13.00 during the initial 60 day training period, after
which starting pay will increaseto $15.00 per hour. In addition to
a competitive salary, we also offer a comprehensive benefits
Keywords: GoTriangle, Durham , Paratransit Operator I, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!