Posted on: August 6, 2022
About This Position
ServiceTrade empowers commercial service contractors to run their
business effortlessly via a robust suite of software products - and
we're growing our design team!
The UI/UX Designer will report directly to the Manager of Design &
User Experience, and will bring experience and knowledge in both
interface design and user experience design methodology. We
practice empathy-led design, grounding in & focusing on the needs
and desires of target users in order to make design decisions.
This position thrives on complex challenges, and feels comfortable
originating content autonomously and acting self-directed. A
natural curiosity, intelligence, grit and focus on learning and
improving day over day is required.
This is a highly collaborative position, working closely with the
product, engineering, and management teams. As part of the team,
you'll be incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and
usability findings into designs in order to enhance user
Key Responsibilities And Activities
- Work closely with the Manager of Design & User Experience, in
crafting and leading design thinking processes for ServiceTrade web
& mobile applications
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups
- Collaborate in the definition, development, and implementation
of a new componentized design system to be applied across our suite
- Optimize existing workflows and identify new user experiences
that align user objectives with business goals
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with engineers to
ensure clarity in how designs are implemented and used
Knowledge And Experience
- 3+ years of design experience in a consulting or in-house
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your experience,
storytelling, and design thinking as it relates to modern SaaS
- Prior experience in reviewing existing systems and processes to
identify UX issues and develop UX recommendations
- Keen understanding of common practices in user interface design
and user experience philosophies
- Prior exposure to UX research, including planning, designing,
and participating in user sessions, analyzing findings, and
- Cross-platform web & mobile development experience (iOS,
- Experience with modern design tools like Figma (preferred),
Sketch, Moqups, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant
program, such as web communications or design
A few things you'll want to know:
What does ServiceTrade do?
ServiceTrade makes web and mobile SaaS applications for commercial
service contractors. Our customers provide inspection, maintenance,
and repair services to commercial and industrial facilities to keep
them safe, fully operational, and compliant. ServiceTrade began in
2012 and now serves more than 800 commercial service contractors
that manage more than 12,000 skilled technicians across the US and
Ok, so why should I care about that?
Our customers are smart, hard-working people who we enjoy serving.
We help them grow their business to earn more revenue, employ more
blue-collar workers, and become more valuable to their customers.
It's why we get excited about serving a market that you might never
have thought about before.
What kind of working environment do you have?
We've transitioned from a start-up to a scale-up - that means we
still have the spirit and energy of a start-up and are adding new
people who will help us expand our business faster and run our
business smarter. We have big ambitions and every employee
understands our goals and what their role is in achieving them.
Read about our company culture on our Meet the Team page.
What kind of benefits do you offer?
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick days
- 401(k) with up to 2% employer match
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance policies for things like
accidents, injuries, hospitalizations, or cancer diagnosis and
- Life insurance, AD&D, and long- and short-term care
- FSA and DCFSA - pre-tax flexible spending accounts
Want to know more?
Go ahead and apply! Let's get to know each other.
Keywords: ServiceTrade, Durham , UI/UX Designer, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!