In Vitro Pharmacologist
Company: Greene Resources
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job Number: 44249In Vitro PharmacologistJob Description:The
Center for Drug Discovery (CDD) is a multi-disciplinary center
comprised of chemists and pharmacologists who work together to
discover new therapeutics in a non-profit setting. CDD is seeking a
Pharmacologist/Biologist to conduct in vitro experiments to support
its drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will routinely
perform multiple types of quantitative pharmacological assays to
support research projects and contracts. Responsibilities:
- Run in vitro cell-based experiments to determine
pharmacological profile of compounds.
- Perform radioligand binding experiments in cell and tissue
- Culture mammalian cell lines for use in the laboratory and
transfect cells with DNA plasmids.
- Develop assays and methods as needed to support projects.
- Perform molecular biology techniques (DNA plasmid preparation,
RNA isolation, ELISA, qRT-PCR, and western blot).
- On occasion, work with mice or rats to collect
- Bachelor's degree in biology, pharmacology, or a related field
with at least two years of relevant experience.Desired
- Experience in cell-based experiments in a plate format such as
96- or 384-well assays.
- Experience in cell culture and molecular biology
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet
- Independent, self-motivated, and flexible in adapting skills
according to evolving project priorities on multiple projects.
- Possess strong and effective presentation, communication,
organizational, and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of pharmacology or drug
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
- Experience working with rodents a plus.Other Information:
Keywords: Greene Resources, Durham , In Vitro Pharmacologist, Other , Bahama, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!