Information Security Architect
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About the Role:
Cisco Security Business Group: Security Strategy Team is looking
for a Security Architect to help us research, evaluate various
security products, solutions, and pro-type internal solutions for
cutting edge problems. Security Architect will primarily focus on
assessing new vendor offerings, support technical POC for strategic
projects. Evaluate technical solutions, design
prototype/solution/proof of concept for critical security problems,
and advising management towards business decision-making.
* Providing security-focused technical evaluation and research to
various security products, vendor offerings, technical solutions,
* You will be evaluating internal processes, tools and leading
technical evaluation from a security strategy perspective.
* You will be providing mentorship/guidance on emerging security
technologies and competitive trends to engineering & security
* You will develop technical research/recommendation, security
white papers/briefs, and enhance and scale Security Strategy and
* Actively use, understand, and evaluate security products
alongside business needs and translate observations into roadmap
objectives that promote high-impact security improvements.
* Bring to bear technical skills to build plans, identify
dependencies and risks, help teams remove impediments, and ensure
* Serve as the catalyst organization's connective tissue for
end-to-end service planning and delivery process.
* You have proven experience as a security architect to perform
research, evaluate vendor products/offerings, and quickly jump into
the hands-on mode to build proto-type/solutions for critical
business problems. You are passionate about the opportunity to be
part of an all-star team that is integral to security org. You will
bring to bear your passion for developing/evaluating security
solutions, research mindset, and resilient nature to solve
* You are motivated to work with multi-functional teams and drive
things together to accomplish role objectives. You thrive in a
hands-on environment and seek ownership of large, critical
projects. We're looking for people who enjoy crafting solutions to
tackle problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, M.S. preferred, or
equivalent work experience with security technologies.
* 7+ years of cybersecurity experience (application/cloud security,
architectural reviews, security engineering, security evaluations,
* Strong knowledge of security best practices, principles, and
common security frameworks. Such as NIST, ISO 27001, OWASP-Top 10,
* You are an expert in network protocols, cryptography, PKI,
security threats, attack techniques, evasive techniques, detection,
and prevention and mitigation methods.
* Experience with security models in cloud environments such as
AWS, Azure, and GCP.
* Experience with security operations, monitoring and vulnerability
* You bring hands-on development experience in the cloud
environment with one or more programming languages (Python).
* You can demonstrate experience in producing, documenting, and
explaining layered architectural diagrams and topology diagrams,
emphasizing security & data protection details.
* Systems integration experience involving the interfacing of
complex systems components with one another
* Experience with agile methodologies, working in a fast phased
agile engineering/security environment.
* You have practical presentation skills to highly technical and
* Self-motivated with excellent team skills.
* Demonstrate ability to influence decision-makers at all
* Someone eager to learn has solid critical thinking skills and is
an effective communicator.
* Industry security certifications are a plus, such as CISSP,
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners
is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread
of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the
pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise
prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19
vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally
required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and
other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance
with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to
candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the
offer time based on region.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., Durham , Information Security Architect, Other , Durham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!